UPDATED: Added solo (erm... whammy wanking), changed a riff and fixed up the ending a bit on Trigger! Also uploaded it to my profile. (:

I've recorded a couple of new songs which are still works in progress. I appreciate any feedback!

Trigger: Heavy and technical! First song I've recorded with my "new" Ibanez RG1527 - B standard tuning! ^^, This song is supposed to have vocals but I have no lyrics yet. I might make a solo for it as well, but I'm not quite sure if It'll fit.

Polydial: This one was really hard to record and a challenge to mix (at least for a newby like me). This is also supposed to have vocals and I'm currently making a solo for it. It's not nearly finished yet. Recorded with my Gibson Explorer - drop D tuning!

Listen to both of them here: http://soundcloud.com/ddj1991

C4C!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Sep 20, 2010,
Only listened to Polydial, and damn man, I dig it. Real cool mix of genres. Sounds in parts like something I could imagine in a Rush song, then into some really tight riffs. Good sound quality too.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
On Trigger:
Like Main/Chorus Riff. The bass riff area is pretty tight, and seems like it would be great with some vocals. 2:15 Riff was awesome! The 2:50 outro riff was great until you started hitting the open bottom string. Play it like the first time more. This song makes me really excited to get my RG (i've been saving for one for some time now). Overall could be better: just get those vocals done.

Please comment: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358270
Last edited by kamjam7 at Sep 5, 2010,
@sjones: Thanks! I'm glad you noticed the mixing of genres in the song!

@kamjam7: That's exactly where I need and want vocals as well. ^^, Thanks for the input, I'll fiddle around with the outro some more. (C4C'd)
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Sep 6, 2010,
Polydial - Great intro! This part with the drums and bass seems to drag on for a while, but I'm sure vocals will help a lot with that. Awesome when the guitars come back in, very cool riff and the drums compliment it well. Cool verse, but same "problem" as the first one. Kick ass transition into the faster part. Great riffage here! 2:23-3:01 is my favorite section of the song, it has killer drive. Very good job with this one! The math/chaotic feeling was there throughout. Can't wait to hear vox and the solo!

Trigger - Another cool intro, it really had my foot tapping. Nice transition into the next section, digging that riff a lot. Next part will be solid when vox make it in. Like this section a lot at 1:25. Great chaos from 2:06-2:15 then awesome riff with the laughter. I absolutely love the outro. I thought varying it to have the lower notes was a good change, it would have gotten a bit boring without that. If you have the means to add slight dives to those notes, it will sound amazing.

Both of these are very promising starts and I cant wait to hear them progress towards a finished product!

I've got a new song up at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357145 if you wouldn't mind taking a listen and commenting. Thanks!
Let's party.
@Odirunn: Thanks for the positive feedback! Do you mean slightly diving with the tremolo arm? Really good idea actually, I'll give it a shot. The outro needs to be properly recorded anyways (technically not well played). Thanks!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Ya, that's what I meant. Maybe fret those notes a half or whole step higher then dive down to the note you currently have? I think it'll add a cool dynamic to it!
Let's party.
I'll try it out, thanks! Left you a comment on yours. (:
C4C
(or in my profile!)

BlisteringDDj,
I listened to a few of your songs, and the one that impressed me the most was "Trigger": my only gripe is that it sounds like you punched in or copy & pasted one of the guitars at around 0:30 (but maybe I'm wrong). Playing is very tight! Some of the riffs are pretty wild man! Definitely took some talent to play that guitar! Audio quality is good! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356300
:O Holy crap, really amazing compositions. The second half of the first minute(the drum and bass part) on Polydial gets kinda boring, but it seems to fit in the song really well. Perhaps you could vary it a bit in the second part? But the rest of the song is really great, especially with the awesome drum beats, and your playing is really tight too. Also, the time signatures on Trigger are pretty interesting by the way. Nice job my friend.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358135
@aaron: Thanks! I did punch in over of the guitars there because I f*cked up. : D

@Shawn: Thank you very much. ^___^ I hope vocals will solve the problem. That's my plan anyways. Don't want the other instrument to steal too much attention from the vox the little time it gets. ;D
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Critiquing as I listen:

Polydial: Great intro, nice playing there. It does get a bit old fast but it fits in with the next part well, maybe just shorten the intro a bit? I like the bass playing and ride thing going on with the drums. Nice heavy riff! I like the playing allooott, haha are those harmonics? Sounds pretty badass, man. I love the part starting at 1: 48, its great and heavy, very nice bro! Man this sounds hard to play, I mean not too hard but you must've had to dwell over this stuff for a few hours or so. Really great playing on this overall, very heavy. Oh yeah, nice mixing! Get some vocals on it ASAP!

Trigger: Good intro, heavy, nice. I like the drums here alot, great job with them(if you did play them). I love that riff that you play after the drums stop. I'm digging the bass on this song too man, very nice. Again it could use some vocals, growled vocals. or someone like Randy Blythe of Lamb of God. I love the thing at 2:03, it's like bees that are being choked, I dunno that's my take on it :P I like the laughing too, it adds to the song Good ending, climactic. Very nice bro! Keep it up!

Crit my song? It's pretty weird. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359512
UPDATED: Added solo, changed a riff and fixed up the ending a bit on Trigger! Also uploaded it to my profile. (:

@inyourgirlagain: Thanks for the input! Those are natural harmonics that comes when I'm dampening the strings. I liked it, so I included them. It's not easy, but it flows well after a lot of practice with the timing. The drums are Superior Drummer 2, but I did all the writing, programming and mixing. ^^ Haha, bees that are being choked! Good description. xD I want to have vocals on it as well, but not too much. (:
C4C
(or in my profile!)

That was an awesome lead up into the solo, but I was kinda disappointed when it wasn't some crazy shred! It's cool that it contrasts to the chaotic riffage of the rest of the song, but I didn't really like the way it was double tracked giving it that delay sound, though. I also don't remember that part at 0:58 having such a different tone, but I'm sure once vox get added it'll be cool to go from that really fuzzy tone back into the more defined one.
Let's party.
Trigger:
First, those are some awesome technical skills, methinks.
The riffs are good, typical prog metal. I like the things you did with the guitar sound at 0,58 - in the beginning, your tone generally felt somewhat generic, but I'd never heard anything quite like that thing. Also, the "whammy wanking" was awesome, loved especially the first parts of it.

I do think that the song needs vocals, though. The riffs are good, but not quite good enough to make it stand on it's own as an instrumental. Though, I'm pretty selective when it comes to instrumentals, so, might be just me

Poly
I liked this one more, I think. Feels a little more cohensive, probably because of how the intro riff (which is also a bit more distinctive) returns here and there in between sections. Still has something of the "riff+riff+riff+riff=song" problem, though. I liked the part with the drums and the bass around 3,43. More stuff like that, and the song could be a good instrumental, I think. Maybe try an acoustic section or something? Something to provide variety from the riffs.

Regarding the riffs, my favourite one was definitely the palm muted part at 2.20. Great playing and a good riff.

Mixing was excellent on both ones. Good stuff, all in all
@Nashag: Thanks for much good criticism! Trigger will someday get vocals, and so will Polydial, but maybe I could get it to work as an instrumentals. An acoustic part would be cool! Good idea. ^^ Thanks!
C4C
(or in my profile!)