honestly, this chord progression is one of the most common ones there is. just sounds like some casual guitarist improv over it.
anyone can come up with something like that in a few seconds.
it's really nothing creative or worth keeping at all. sorry.
Quote by TechnicolorType
honestly, this chord progression is one of the most common ones there is. just sounds like some casual guitarist improv over it.
anyone can come up with something like that in a few seconds.
it's really nothing creative or worth keeping at all. sorry.

Not trying to do anything special, I'm still a beginner
la de da.
Being new is no excuse to calling one of the most popular chord progressions a song.
I came up with more interesting things my first month of playing.
You say this is the most interesting thing you ever did, but if you picked up a guitar and just hit random chords you could probably find something way better.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by TechnicolorType
Being new is no excuse to calling one of the most popular chord progressions a song.
I came up with more interesting things my first month of playing.
You say this is the most interesting thing you ever did, but if you picked up a guitar and just hit random chords you could probably find something way better.

Well, that's my fault. I never bothered to learn any "complicated" chords or music theory. Complicated for me being anything more than the basics.
la de da.
Complication is nothing. Anyone who can play a 5th (power chord) can do something more creative and that's about as basic as it gets.
God, why are you being such a dick Technicolor. I thought its was good for a beginner. It was repetitive, but the playing was fine, and I heard a repeating melody in there which is great. If you expand on it, keep expanding the on the melody; its going to need more variety in the chord progression too. You want something the engages the listener, and using a common, or simple progression is totally fine. so yeah, keep it up, its definitely not finished, but keep working on it, its the best way to improve as a writer.