http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Coast

Hi, all.

I stumbled upon this band by happenstance and word of mouth.
They have a very lo - fi sound, and I gotta admit, I really dig it. I've been listing to these dudes and one gal for just under a week now,but wow it's great.

They're a indie/garage rock band and they just write some pretty good songs.

The Sun Was High (So was I)
Boyfriend

Hope you enjoy.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
saw them today at fyf... they were pretty boring.

the albums pretty good but it didn't really translate live
I love them alot. The album is just so ridiculously catchy and there is a quaintness to the teenage-style lyrics that makes them even more loveable.
girl can write a hook.

the album is still pretty solid because it hits all the right reference points for me. unfortunately, very little on it matches the highs of the cassettes or 7"s.
Quote by uhh_me?
unfortunately, very little on it matches the highs of the cassettes or 7"s.

True, the Make You Mine EP is hard to match. There are some really unbelievable songs on the album but one or two complete filler as well.
They're a good injection of pop when I'm in the mood.

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Not happy. I downloaded Crazy For You and all the tracks bar "Boyfriend" cut to comedy quotes and jazz after about 10 seconds. Who even does that?

Serves me right I guess
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Nathan Wavves and Bethany making a Christmas song, ZOMG <3 <3 IT'Z ZO CUTE.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by asator
Not happy. I downloaded Crazy For You and all the tracks bar "Boyfriend" cut to comedy quotes and jazz after about 10 seconds. Who even does that?

Serves me right I guess

Haha that happened to me to. Bad link, don't worry thats not the actual album

Anyways, Best Coast set up their online merch store the other day and I bought a couple of shirts from there. I love their shirts. They totally stole my idea to use a cat as their main logo on everything though http://www.bluecollardistro.com/bestcoast/categories.php?cPath=1180_1182
Last edited by Joshua1207 at Dec 17, 2010,
It was a fun record to listen to during the summer. Loved the production and her voice. Besides that I also share the love for cats. Not really listening to it too much now that it´s snowy and cold, though.
I love this band!
Crazy For You is my favourite album of 2010
I love their fuzzy sound, does anyone know what gear they use?
I think they're pretty good...haven't got their album yet though.
My Top 10 Bands

Coldplay
Green Day
Arctic Monkeys
Vampire Weekend
Paramore
My Chemical Romance
Muse
Fall Out Boy
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Linkin Park
Quote by work sucks
wavves is better y'all

Saw them high as shit in Manchester a few months ago. **** yeah.
I never heard of Chalk Talk but I'll check them out.
Anyways we can't really compare Wavves to Best Coast yet because Best Coast doesn't have that much material out anyways. Although out of the 3 albums Wavves has released the only one I like is King Of The Beach so thats why I give the nod to Best Coast.
Chalk Talk are amazing and Wavves is the most overrated band/project in the world.

Finally redownloaded Crazy For You and it worked this time. Really enjoying it.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Fuck yeah Best Coast! Should be getting a signed limited press copy of their split with Wavves in the mail from a friend of mine. At least he thinks it was the split with Wavves, might not be that specific split.
Chalk Talk > King of the Beach > Best Coast > The rest of Wavve's songs.
I'm an asshole.
pretty fun live show. beth took a puke break before returning for an encore.
wavves' set was meh. i wish no joy played louder.