Hey there, I'm Yanii.
I've had my FirstAct guitar for about a year and a half now, if not longer. I kinda wanna decorate it. I know stickers aren't good for it. And I know that painting it can affect the sound and what not, but I don't really mind because I'm getting a new guitar soon anyway.
Just want to know if it's alright to paint the guitar without sanding it down first, because my mom won't let me get sandpaper, and she won't help me, lolz. And I'd be using those cheap paints that you get from Wal-Mart. If that would do too much damage to the point that my playing it wouldn't sound remotely okay, then would markers be okay to use? I'm pretty beastie with a sharpie
So yea, any help would be greatly appreciated. Much thanxz in advance.

Blessed Be )0(
~~Yanii M.
I think your mom is the one doing the blessing here. These are all generally shaky ideas, but if you want to go at it with a sharpie I suppose. Girls are usually artsy fartsy so just don't screw it up I guess

As to the tonal qualities being lost...well hate to break it to you but a First Act acoustic probably doesn't posess the richest tone to begin with, so don't worry about that, especially if you're getting a new guitar soon.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
A fine old tradition. Pete Seeger had the phrase "This machine surrounds hate and forces it to surrender" written on his banjo.
That First Act guitar is a cheapie anyway, so you don't have to worry about affecting the sound much.
Back in the 60s, everyone put all manner of junk on their guitars. Paint, stickers, whatever.
I'd go the route of either sharpie or even consider getting it airbrushed by someone. As everyone else has said, you won't lose much in the way of tone because of the nature of the guitar.

I scribbled away at my old guitar with a silver sharpie (the guitar was black) and it certainly gave it some more character. The only thing I remember clearly was that after playing on it for a few days, my arm started to wipe the sharpie away. I'm sure, eventually, the same would happen even if you had it airbrushed, but it might last a bit longer that sharpie.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature