im considering buying one, a lot of people have said the boss ac3 is the best, but after listening it just sounds like it just ups the treble.

could you guys recommend a decent acoustic mod pedal?
There is no decent acoustic simulator pedal.

If you want to sound like an acoustic, buy an acoustic and plug into your amp or the PA.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

If you want to sound like an acoustic, buy an acoustic and plug into your amp or the PA.

Lol, it's the truth, it does make it sound more like an acoustic, but it's not worth the money IMO
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Raijouta

+1
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
Quote by Raijouta

actually the reason im asking is because i need a quick way of changing to an acoustic sound alike onstage.
Quote by jsync
actually the reason im asking is because i need a quick way of changing to an acoustic sound alike onstage.

The only way you can do that is with a stand like the one James Hetfield uses, and keep your electric still on you.

Just play clean instead, it's a lot less hassle.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Or use Piezos. They sound decent enough as a stand in, but still not the same as an acoustic. Though it gets you pretty close.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by Raijouta

+ 2

I used to own the AC-3. Don't waste your money. It costs about 100 bucks new, my acoustic (Yamaha) was 300 and is infinitely better.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Just watch Craigslist. There almost always people hard up for cash dumping good acoustics for next to nothing.
Im no expert, but you could probably make it sound better by adjusting your highs/volume and messing with some effects (reverb, chorus) when you switch to clean.

Still no substitute for an actual acoustic guitar though...
Wait I take it back, there is a pretty awesome acoustic sim, it's called

Line 6 James Tyler Variax

it's a guitar that comes out in about two months, it's pretty sweet but costs about 1000 US dollars at cheapest

If you knew this oh well, but that's the closest you're getting to good emulation without having an acoustic
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by shaggydogJV
Or use Piezos. They sound decent enough as a stand in, but still not the same as an acoustic. Though it gets you pretty close.

that sounds like a good idea. but after looking up on piezo systems for several hours now, the whole thing seem mind boggling.

so far from my understanding (correct me if im wrong), its just piezoelectric components added to the bridge of an electric guitar then routed to a pushpull or switch (and back to an output). yet, i have no idea what to buy or even look at for an rg1550z. can someone point me in the right direction?
I have Peavey Generation Custom EX that has double humbuckers and a piezo in the bridge. I play the piezo using the Acoustasonic setting on my Fender Super Champ XD and it sounds like an acoustic. I also mix the piezo in with the regular pups and it can gets a single coil tone with the right mix.

MF closed them out for $200. MIne was a blem for $170, but I never found the blem.

This is similar....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Generation-ACM-Tele-Style-w-Fender-Humbucking-/320584200017?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa44eaf51
Last edited by fly135 at Sep 5, 2010,
^+1 I have the same guitar, and I run it stereo into two amps; the piezo into an a Michael Kelly PureCoustic w/ 4x12 Cab and then the humbuckers into a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 w/ 2x15 Cab.

Sounds great to have them both going at the same time.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.