Page 1 of 2
For me it has to be gearmanndude...but some people argue Andy from PGS.

So Pit, who is your favorite youtube guy for gear?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Which ever one is first.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
HEY THIS IS PAUL FROM GUITAR WORLD

or Andy from PGS.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
gearmanndude. and no he's not jack black. people figured out who he was. but i forget who.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by crzysnowborder
gearmanndude. and no he's not jack black. people figured out who he was. but i forget who.

I really wanna believe he is. The guy who everyone "proved" was gearmanndude is (I think!) some guy from Guitar Emporium...but my arguement is, gearmanndude's myspace says he's located in Beverly Hills AND who has that much money and free time? My answer to that is Jack Black :P its just fun to think that anyways.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Tone King is pretty good. I love his shoot-out videos.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Phil X, easily. Although he does high-end vintage guitars that are unaffordable.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Vox VT-20+

Those two are my fav. GMD and Andy are both awesome, and any edge PGS has is countered by them only saying the good of a pedal.

Quote by Fly-By-Night
Ed Friedland from Bass Guitar

Germandude, and I met Ed Friedland once (he lives in the area). The guy's pretty funny irl and an amazing bass player, but he practically shits money and everything he recommended to me was way too expensive.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Gearmanndude and PGS are just about even, with GMD a hair ahead; PGS uses much higher-end gear, save for Gearmanndude's amp, which is a Dr. Z, so not much higher end is there, especially in terms of recording, so everything comes through nice and clear. Gearmanndude's gotten a hell of a lot more love from me now that he has a dedicated amp mic, but occasionally on some fuzz demoes he ends up clipping the mic, which can be depressing. His gear is a lot closer to what I use(His amp is even the same occasionally) though, and Andy is an awesome guy, but Jack Black is just a plain badass dude. On top of that, the Lutherdrive is the only thing he ever has to try to push a sale on, so he's much more honest about the good and bad of the pedal.

Together, their demoes always leave me smiling and sure of my buy.

Edit: If Phil X counts, add him for entertainment value; I could never afford any of the guitars he demoes, a Tonemaster, a Tonemonster, or an Evil Robot, but I love his demoes for fretted americana.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 4, 2010,
Phil X!!!

from frettedamericana
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I've never heard a demo where he's made anything sound good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0rgPi9qDd4

I don't get the hate for the tone king, he has properly miced up demos and goes through the pedals pretty well. That pedal dosn't sound too bad enough
Quote by WyvernOmega
HEY THIS IS PAUL FROM GUITAR WORLD

Funny intros aside, Paul from Guitar World is my favorite, though GW's gear reviews are pretty low in number compared to others.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I hate this guy with a passion:

Maybe it's how he stumbles through sentences, maybe it's that the stuff he plays sucks, or maybe it's his gay little headset. Whatever it is, WMS's reviews make me rage, which is unfortunate because they have a really good camera and sound setup.
Last edited by RicoTheBeast at Sep 5, 2010,
Needs more Youtube linkage. I wanted to see some but don't know what to search. Any suggestions from these people? I haven't heard of any (Newbie here).
Quote by BananaMartyr
Needs more Youtube linkage. I wanted to see some but don't know what to search. Any suggestions from these people? I haven't heard of any (Newbie here).

http://www.youtube.com/user/gearmanndude

Search his uploads for "fuzz", he always seems to have the most fun with a good fuzzbox, like any good guitarist, so I think those capture him best.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Gearmandude is always entertaining to watch and he always does the stuff well.

Though I'm not very knowledgable with youtube reviewers.

The "Masterthattone" that Mark McGuigan does is real good too, part of the reason I got a Cornford Roadhouse 30.
chatreeo is pretty good if you get over the language barrier.

Also RobChappers.

Also samhillband.

ToneKing is ok, but his playing is so sloppy I can't really get a great idea of the gear he uses.
I used to like RobChappers, but recently his videos have seemed more focused on him playing the same few rock/metal riffs with a really similar tone in most cases, rather than showing the true extent of what a piece of gear can do.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
I used to like RobChappers, but recently his videos have seemed more focused on him playing the same few rock/metal riffs with a really similar tone in most cases, rather than showing the true extent of what a piece of gear can do.

Yeah, but he's been really busy lately. I think he didn't know what he was asking for when he has a serious band and guitar company to take care of at the same time.
Quote by Sonny_sam

I agree with this so much.
Rob Chappers has completely changed since all his luck's been turning, like his Marshall and his own company and that stuff. Now he just seems to be an arrogant guitar-wanker who loves to spew out internet "Lingo" that is becoming out of date.

I never trust his demos, it just sounds like a british Zakk Wylde to me

Not that he isn't an alright guitarist or anything, he's just seemed to have completely lost what used to make him appealing.
Quote by maggot9779
chatreeo is pretty good if you get over the language barrier.

Also RobChappers.

Also samhillband.

ToneKing is ok, but his playing is so sloppy I can't really get a great idea of the gear he uses.

No.

great player but his reviews are pretty poor, he only ever says how great everything is and I am yet to find one where the gear he is demo'ing is bad or even slightly flawed.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
PGS Andy is great as a player and as a reviewer.

Phil X is my favourite for the entertainment factor.

Paul Riario from guitar world somehow makes all the gear sound really weird. None of the stuff he demoes sounds anything like it does in real life. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's as if there's a lot of post-production on the videos, except it makes the tone worse.

I got kind of bored of Rob Chappers. His playing in the reviews is kind of wanky and the fact that he has like 10 endorsements doesn't help the credibility.

And the Tone King is all like "Hey there, boys and girls"
Last edited by sashki at Sep 5, 2010,
To be honest I used to like Chappers just because he seemed like a really genuine & honest guy who knew his stuff & had a good sense of humour, and yeah, he mostly reviewed stuff he liked & used, but so do most people really. I actually bought my PRS Singlecut largely because of his video reviews of it (it was actually his that I bought - he sold it due to his ESP endorsement), but recently it's seemed that he's dropped talking about what's good/bad about gear he demos in favour of fretwanking & over the top humour which seems to be aimed at 12 year olds.

I mean come on... "The Monkey Lord"... Seriously?
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
oh yeah i used to like chappers quite alot but lately i feel he has been doing nothing but advertising his new guitars, which isnt really the reason i subbed him.
Page 1 of 2