You know those times when you pick up your guitar and don't know what to play so you just start messing around? Well whats that song/scale/what ever, that you play every time?

For me, I always wind up playing Classico by Tenacious D, or I just start playing random chords that make no sense together. Or if I'm in a metal mode but just don't know what to learn, I'll usually play Colors by Iced Earth.
just random chords or scales (usually major )
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by derpdragon
Colors by Iced Earth.

Is that band fucking ICE!?!?!?!?

Seriously though, I usually jump into the middle of an Eruption or Freebird style solo.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Rape Me.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
I normally fiddle around with something like D-Dsus4-D-Dsus2-Cadd9-G.

Or "Here She Comes Now" or "I'm Waiting For the Man" by The Velvet Underground.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by bbetances
Over The Hills And Far Away. Jeez I've played that song so many times it just rolls off the fingers nowadays.

+1
the game
My gut check riffs for any time I pick up a guitar are the chorus riff from The Philosopher (by Death) and the intro of Hyperdrive (Devin Townsend).

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-0--3---5-------0--3----6--5-------------0--3----5----3--0---
-0--3---5-------0--3----6--5-------------0--3----5----3--0---
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
I mess around with E Phrygian, E Phrygian dominant, or E minor.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I play a ska rhythm, usually something like Unity by Operation Ivy. Which makes my friend veryy mad since he hates ska. Or I play Hotel Yorba by the White stripes.
Generally some variation on a solo I keep end up inadvertently playing, involving a fairly generic ascending run from a low E up to an E minor chord on the 12th fret, then descending back down involving many arpeggios and slides.

Fucking sick of hearing it, to be honest.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Sep 5, 2010,
I like doing things with chords over drones and pedal point. I've gotten to a point where I care about texture and harmony the most in music. I kinda wish I had the chops I used to have so I could get respect among my fellow guitar geeks, though. And a decent mic. Until then, I'm probably going to still mostly do electronic stuff. :/

That was really digressive.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 5, 2010,
hey joe
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol
without fail, i will play the main riffs to 46 & 2 by Tool, Too Many Puppies by Primus and David Makalaster by the Frog Brigade within 2 minutes of putting on my bass. my band hates it.
It varies a lot, but whenever I play acoustic, I often end up with the intro for Tesla's Love Song or the first part of Zap by Eric Johnson. On an electric, I tend to play some funk rhythm, or some Tool riff, most likely Jambi or The Pot.