Hi!
I have a Yamaha Pacifica 012 and a Roland Cube 15X
And when i try to play green day's basket case, the verse done in Open chords just sound very muddy and not cool. So~~ is there anyway i can get a tone somewhat close to Billie Joe's Blue's tone? or is this muddy sound the best i'm goin to get out of a begginner guitar and a 15w amp?
THX
try turning up mids and bass, dont over do it, and balance the treble for more clarity/definition. if that doesnt work, id say you need yourself a tube amp
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
try turning up mids and bass, dont over do it, and balance the treble for more clarity/definition. if that doesnt work, id say you need yourself a tube amp

thx man, ill try that out later, wat pick up should i use btw?

just out of curiousity, what is a roland 15x considered as?
like a beginner amp or a decent practice amp?
You don't need a tube amp, but if you find the right one they are definitely superior to solid state modelers in my opinion. A Peavey Vypyr 15 is a great little cheap amp. Check it out. I love mine.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
The cube series in general are very good beginner/practice amps. The mud is a combination of cheap pickups and a cheap amp. Articulation will come but only with more expensive gear.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Ravenfaust
Hey, atleast you didn't buy a stupid MG like me. :/

HAHAHAHA!
Actually I did buy a mini MS2 by Marshall, you know those tiny 1w amps by marshall
Yeah, MG is not that good especially when you think about how expensive it is
Quote by Flying Couch
What others have said is true, but I have a question - how much distortion are you using?

Well there are four modes on a 15x cube, OD, Distoriton, Metal, metal stack,
I went from distortion to metal and to metal stack, but the open chords are still sounding muddy, so i don't know
I keep my cube on metal stack it's the least muddyist and you can just turn the gain for green day stuff

I found gain at half treb at around 7, mids at 4 bass at 5

Sounded alright for it
Quote by BoL7z
I keep my cube on metal stack it's the least muddyist and you can just turn the gain for green day stuff

I found gain at half treb at around 7, mids at 4 bass at 5

Sounded alright for it

OH thx! ill try that, which wat cube do u have btw? And also i always use power squeazer, does it affect the tone at all?
Last edited by RayL at Sep 5, 2010,