When using a tremol-no, if I switch from floating to hardtail mode and then change the tuning, will my bridge height be affected? Also, will the truss rod need adjusting?

Same question for if I switch to drop tuning. Does the truss rod/bridge need adjusting?

It's just the way it's described makes it seem like magic but I'm wondering if neck relief/bridge height still need attention when using the tremol-no.

Thanks.
If the Tremol-no is locked, the bridge height will stay the same. Depending on what tuning you go to and the strings you use, you might also need to adjust the truss rod. They're mean to be used as more of a temporary solution IMO.
They dont even work that well, at least mine didnt. After only a few days the locking screw had dug into the shaft, making the whole thing useless because the burrs it left in the shaft meant that the trem would stick when it hit them.
If you drop tune, you will need to adjust your truss rod and probably your bridge. The fact of the matter is that, if you don't adjust your truss rod, you neck WILL warp. Also, if you don't adjust your bridge, well...just watch as you notice your floating tremolo pull that bridge down. Not fun.

However, not familiar with the Tremol-no. Honestly, I'm not sure why you'd really need the damn thing. But I'd say, yes, that if you adjusted the tuning, you will need to rework your truss rod and bridge. Same as with any time you change tuning, it will need adjustment or you risk permanent damage to your guitar.

Hope that helps.
Quote by littlephil
If the Tremol-no is locked, the bridge height will stay the same. Depending on what tuning you go to and the strings you use, you might also need to adjust the truss rod. They're mean to be used as more of a temporary solution IMO.
They dont even work that well, at least mine didnt. After only a few days the locking screw had dug into the shaft, making the whole thing useless because the burrs it left in the shaft meant that the trem would stick when it hit them.

The Tremol-no works best for what its name suggests - locking a tremolo so that it doesn't move at all. Instant hardtail! I have one on one of my Strats and it works beautifully for that purpose. I can't say how well it works for limiting or switching on and off your tremolo capability.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
The Tremol-no works best for what its name suggests - locking a tremolo so that it doesn't move at all. Instant hardtail! I have one on one of my Strats and it works beautifully for that purpose. I can't say how well it works for limiting or switching on and off your tremolo capability.

Its great for blocking the trem permanently, but if you have a full floating trem you can still move it if you push down on it (you don't even need to push very hard), but I wanted to be able to sometimes block the trem, but still be able to use it, and for that its pretty bad really, which defeats the whole purpose of having one. Its a lot cheaper to just block the trem with a piece of wood if you dont want to use it at all.

I think its a bit silly that they advertise it as being great for blocking your trem but still being able to use it if you want, when it doesn't even work that well for that purpose.
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by littlephil
I think its a bit silly that they advertise it as being great for blocking your trem but still being able to use it if you want, when it doesn't even work that well for that purpose.

Agreed 100%. That little set screw doesn't look like the sturdiest thing in the world, and since it pushes against a round bar I don't thing it gets a very good grip on it. I didn't bother putting a Tremol-No in my other Strat to block it. I just stuck a full set of heavy springs in it, moved the claw forward and screwed the bridge down to hardtail it. It worked fine and still does.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I recently got a tremol-no, but it's kind of blocking the bridge even without the screws ,

what could I do ???