Page 1 of 2
inspired by the "how do you act at a party thread"

so Pit, how do you act at a concert. are you the guy headbanging along with the music while singing along to the lyrics, the quiet one who stands there just enjoying the music or are you the one wildly swinging your arms in the middle of the mosh pit?

depending on the band/style of music andd how much i like them i usually headbang a bit (i guess its more of somewhere between headbanging and a bob whilst still looking at the stage) and sing along, just having a good time.
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Sep 5, 2010,
I just stand and enjoy the music and sometimes sing along or bob my head a little bit.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Think of the guy in the front row headbanging and singing. I'm that girl.
(Saying guy then girl 'cause concert chicks can act pretty slutty and I'm not that type.)
Only ever "moshed" at a small gig so I'm probably just the quiet one really.
My name is Jack.
I headbang until the room doesn't stop spinning, then I let music hit me.
Headbanging along, rarely singing though.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by TheIntruder
I just stand and enjoy the music and sometimes sing along or bob my head a little bit.

pretty much this. Depends on the show really. Some gigs i'm in the pits, other gigs are more relaxed affairs overall.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I don't go around wildly swinging my arms, but I generally dance and sing. I also hate it when that one guy always decides it's cool to take off his shirt and rub his sweaty body all over everyone.
Quote by CreepingDeath13

?

I can't stop laughing at how this would go if it was moshing.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
I only go to concerts with seating, so I sit down. And stare in complete enthrallment. I had a good long staring contest with John Petrucci last year.

It's just such a wonderful experience, I don't want to ruin it with any vocalisations.
Depends highly on the music but most of the time, I'm the calm, quiet one. I go to concerts for the music, not to get wasted or to just go plain crazy.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
I watch the show and sings/yells, throws the horns up and headbangs. I also try and see how the song is played.
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
I jump, watch the musicians, sing, mosh, throw fists in beat, just have a good time. Best experiences were my first pit (Anti-Flag) and first time being on the barrier (Dillinger Escape Plan).

Both in the same day
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by jeffmetalhead
I also try and see how the song is played.

that what i do too, and then go "Yeah! thats how i play it too!" in some sort of amazement that the artist who plays it, plays it the same way as me.
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Sep 5, 2010,
Don't go acting one single way, just play it how you feel it.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I like to get to the very front and then just headbang along/stand there and enjoy it. The people who go crazy really piss me off though.
Quote by Thrill-house
The people who go crazy really piss me off though.

especially the ones who purposefully try cause some kind of conflict. like unnecessary shoving and random flying of arms and fists. people being dickheads really **** me off and can sometimes ruin it.
Quote by Thrill-house
I like to get to the very front and then just headbang along/stand there and enjoy it. The people who go crazy really piss me off though.

Yeah I was at a Behemoth concert and the dude next to me was head banging which is fine, but the filthy bugger had dreadlocks *ahem* I mean Shitlocks which kept hitting me in the face.
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
I'm the one who doesn't know what to do because he feels awkward around loads of people...

Like...at most big gigs I go to I try to get to the front, like right at the front and I just cling to the barrier or something so I can just watch the band all night.
But if I'm not at the front I'm just awkward...like when I saw Reel Big Fish supported by Surburban Legends, I was rather social during the Suburban Legends, but in Reel Big Fish I was just standing...barely watching as I don't wear my glasses in public v_v

At local gigs I'm worse though, mainly cos people seem to think local gigs aren't gigs and they're just occasions to go to and look bored, so I end up doing similar. Or if I'm with people I end up reviewing the band in a really harsh manner.
Though there's one local band who manages to fill a venue and the whole venue will be moshing and shit, so at those gigs I end up getting drunk and going nuts, but then I'm like "...nu-metal isn't even good."

Though I'm better on stage than I am off.
Depends; if I'm at a hardcore gig, I'll go crazy at front, because I'd get squished if I wouldn't. If it's a softer band I'll just listen to the music, or dance to it, if it is danceable.

Quote by NielsWho
Depends; if I'm at a hardcore gig, I'll go crazy at front, because I'd get squished if I wouldn't. If it's a softer band I'll just listen to the music, or dance to it, if it is danceable.

Pretty much my answer.

'cept I never go to 'hardcore' gigs.
Quote by Thrill-house

But the best shows are when everybody goes crazy
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
But the best shows are when everybody goes crazy

yeah but when its not fitting of whats being played and no one else is doing it then they are just being a douch. when it fits its good, like at a heavy metal/hardcore gig.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
yeah but when its not fitting of whats being played and no one else is doing it then they are just being a douch. when it fits its good, like at a heavy metal/hardcore gig.

Yeah I know, I was just being difficult

If somebody's going nuts at a Coldplay show, or even in an area where everybody's calm at a metal show or something then yeah, they're a moron.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Depends what band is playing.

Support band I usually just stand, arms folded, unless I like them, or they try and get the crowd involved, so I join in then.

Headliners I try to get to the barrier if I LOVE the band, if not just sing in the anthemic songs, clap hands when needed, mosh in the heavy songs.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I watch and bob my head.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by CreepingDeath13

?

Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'm the one who doesn't know what to do because he feels awkward around loads of people...

Like...at most big gigs I go to I try to get to the front, like right at the front and I just cling to the barrier or something so I can just watch the band all night.
But if I'm not at the front I'm just awkward...like when I saw Reel Big Fish supported by Surburban Legends, I was rather social during the Suburban Legends, but in Reel Big Fish I was just standing...barely watching as I don't wear my glasses in public v_v

At local gigs I'm worse though, mainly cos people seem to think local gigs aren't gigs and they're just occasions to go to and look bored, so I end up doing similar. Or if I'm with people I end up reviewing the band in a really harsh manner.
Though there's one local band who manages to fill a venue and the whole venue will be moshing and shit, so at those gigs I end up getting drunk and going nuts, but then I'm like "...nu-metal isn't even good."

Though I'm better on stage than I am off.

Yeah, I do that a lot too.
Depending on the style, I will usually (Attempt) sing a bit and clap/nod head.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I'm the type of guy that takes moshing to far and end up bashing up people
Depending on the band. If I don't know their songs all that well I'll generally stand back and just listen and watch. If it's a band I know and love, I'll try and get right up against the barrier (or stage in some shows) and will sing along and headbang if it's appropriate for the kind of music.
Depends on the show really, but if it's a standing gig that's going to go on for longer than an hour or so I have to move around quite a bit because my back starts aching like there's no tomorrow if I just stand still.
Try and get reasonably near the front to get the atmosphere, but not one for getting really into it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
If it's a wild show i'll jump around,scream and throw my hands up and all that. If it's a more mellow show like Mogwai i'll be chill and enjoy the music and cheer the band on at the end of the songs.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I only really go to electronic music concerts, so i dance in a confined space, with people i've never really met before who are usually drunk or high and jump about when the drop comes.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
Sang along with every song Kamelot played in London. (Except The Great Pandemonium and Hunter's Season because I didn't know the lyrics back then.)
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Page 1 of 2