Tossing up whether to sell my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and buy one of those new AC30c2s, I play mostly punk rock and alternative rock, in particular Rise Against tone kinda stuff. Anyone know if the AC30 will pull it off? I have an excellent distortion pedal just in case the amp doesn't naturally get to that =)

And, I can't go and try it out because I'm a teenager with parents who don't like to drive in to the city just to go and try out some amps unless it's on the school holidays xD
What is your reason for wanting one if you're not sure if it can do the music you want?

It's not a typical punk rock amp, but that doesn't mean it can't be.
For Rise Against you want a Dual Rectifier or a Rectoverb combo. As stated an AC30 will do punk and alternative, but those tones and Rise Against screams dual recto. You may as well skip the amp that will get close, and go for the amp that will nail it
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 5, 2010,
An AC30 will do punk very well as long as you can turn it right up.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Rokeman
It's not a typical punk rock amp, but that doesn't mean it can't be.

There really isn't a typical punk rock tone. His Hero Is Gone and Dillinger Four are almost polar opposites in terms of tone and yet are both punk bands.

An AC30 will do some punk.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by AxSilentxLine
For Rise Against you want a Dual Rectifier or a Rectoverb combo. As stated an AC30 will do punk and alternative, but those tones and Rise Against screams dual recto. You may as well skip the amp that will get close, and go for the amp that will nail it

Yeah I thought that might be the case, just stick with the Hot Rod Deluxe for the time being and save and get a Mesa Boogie?

Also, do you know if any of the smaller Mesa's are any good? I want to be able to keep my rig really portable, that's why I got the Hot Rod Deluxe in the first place (and because it was my first tube amp purchase xD)

Also, probably a stupid question, could I get a good Rise Against sound from like a DSL 50 or something? I noticed that Paramore and Sum 41 use them, which also bands I model my sound after xD
Last edited by snmorg at Sep 6, 2010,