Hey all! I was wondering if it's possible to get a tone kind a like John Petrucci's on a Mesa Dual Rectifier...Any Idea??

And if yes, how should I set it (eq-dist-etc)?

Thanks!
just another Heavy Metal guitar player
I know how to get it on my Fireball using an extent of effects. You will need Reverb and some delay for his solo tones.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
sure, it's a fairly generic mesa high gain tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sure, it's a fairly generic mesa high gain tone.

Pretty much. You wont get the same tight rhythm he's been using lately but basically any modern voiced high gain amp will get you in the ballpark.
yeah, i mean if you want to nail it 100%, you're gonna need the exact gear he has, but you should be able to get close, especially a recto (which should be closer than most, to my ears, anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mr. Petrucci is a bit of a gear hound, as evidenced by the following:

http://www.johnpetrucci.com/gear.htm

His tone is rooted in Mesas, but as you can see there is a lot of tweaking and a lot of effects in the mix.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
So, basically even if it's not a Mark V as he's now using the sound should be pretty close?
just another Heavy Metal guitar player
Quote by GS LEAD 5
He uses a rack with a recto pre amp I think.....live that is.....studio, he uses a different amp for each 10 second section....

lolno
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
No settings threads.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...