I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Now THAT'S what an amp should look like. That's something I could see myself using. Looks great.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Looks pretty neat, plus it looks like it's going to be great for easy modding. Kinda odd having a 12AU7 for a power tube though, any word on pricing yet?

Quote by Cathbard
Now THAT'S what an amp should look like. That's something I could see myself using. Looks great.

Ever checked out the guts of a VHT Special 6? Pretty similar layout, little bit messier though. I think they'd be great little amps for people who're looking to get into modding.

EDIT: oh wait that's a handwired AC15, whoops I thought it was the lilnighttrain
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Sep 5, 2010,
Yeah, it think vox did it better than blackstar really.

Looking forward to hearing what it sounds like.

If the price is right, id take this over the AC4/HT1.
The gutshots of the handwired vox, not the nightrain.

Lol.

Pretty sure theres a few amps that use a 12AU7 for the power section really.
Last edited by beckyjc at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
The gutshots of the handwired vox, not the nightrain.

Lol.

Haha yeah I just noticed that too tired, didn't read properly.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Wow, the insides of that Vox = win, but I'm gonna have to go out a play a few of these newer vox's to see how they compared to the CC series and whatnot.
I havent seen another thread.

-shrugs-

Yeah, im guessing theyre going to be alot more pricey than the old MIC handwireds.

Look really nice though.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by beckyjc

Looking forward to hearing what it sounds like.

If the price is right, id take this over the AC4/HT1.

+1 to both of you.

Shame I'm going to buy a 2w amp kit next month or so, or I'd be willing to go for one of these. I wonder if the production models will also be hand-wired or if it's just the prototype? Oh well, as long as the price is right...

What is the price, anyway?

EDIT: I'm stupid, not reading the OP ftl.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 5, 2010,
no transistor-based phase inverter? LAME
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's astonishingly good wiring.
The filter caps are in the right places too, not bunched up at one end of the circuit. Looks like those are quality components too. Would be great for modding.

GAS GAS GAS GAS...
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
The night train jr is super cute I feel like they should wrap it in a bow before shipping.

Srsly tho, kinda interested I'm in the market for a nice low wattage amp.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

hmm, I may have a replacement for my Palo v8
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by TheQuailman

TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when/if someone finds something SS in the circuit and the shitstorm starts again.

that being said, i always thought the night train was cute and sounded good, so this thing is just adorable.
Quote by Mack56
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when/if someone finds something SS in the circuit and the shitstorm starts again.

that being said, i always thought the night train was cute and sounded good, so this thing is just adorable.

Meh. Can't see why there would be SS junk in it. 2 12AX7s and a 12AU7 p-p output sounds about right for a single channel amp with the gain of the Night Train. The headphone out might involve some SS trickery but that would likely be the extent. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the big Night Train. It's nice but I'd rather have a Tweaker or JCA.

The new handwired series on the other hand, All CC resistors does make me a bit sad though. Could have gone for lower noise components.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^ +1, I mean the 12au7 is a dual triode, so I'm guessing the other 12ax7 is the PI? I haven't tried the night train, but i'm guessing it's a vintage-style amp, so it doesn't need 15 brootz cascading gain stages.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Night Train was just a pair of 12AX7 and a pair of EL84. So we might be dealing with two pretty similar preamps here. Unless there's some trickery involved, one 12AX7 should be the PI indeed. If that thing sounds anything like the NT, I'm in.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 6, 2010,
^ Ditto, I have a feeling the clean/gain styles would suit me more than the HT-5 but should still be flat-friendly. Unlike the AC4 which, for me at least, was too loud to get any overdrive out of.

Now as long as the pricing still allows me to get a decent cab ...
Inititally theyre releasing it as a head/cab package, so you cant buy it alone. To begin with.

Ive not tried the NT, but from clips it did get some convincing AC jinglejangle.

A line out would be nice for home recording. Esp with my music tech course this year.

CC resistors have more mojo.
Though i dunno, i think id still rather one of the chinese built handwireds tbh. Good tone good price.
Quote by beckyjc
CC resistors have more mojo.
Kinda depends on where they are in the amp. In most places, they just add noise compared to "modern" resistors.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by TheQuailman
^Night Train was just a pair of 12AX7 and a pair of EL84. So we might be dealing with two pretty similar preamps here. Unless there's some trickery involved, one 12AX7 should be the PI indeed. If that thing sounds anything like the NT, I'm in.

yeah, i mean the nt was just your usual single 12ax7 in the preamp, 12ax7 pi, and then the power amp, so as you say, the preamp may be the same in the smaller one.

I haven't tried the original nt, though
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?