Hey everyone, I need a bit of help.

Im looking to buy a new 7 string guitar and need some help finding a guitar with the specs I want. The two following things mainly. I don't expect to find a guitar with both so one or the other is fine.

Preferably it should have piezo pickups. The only production models I have been able to find with this is the eemm jp7 which is far to expensive, the Ibanez RG2027 which is a great price but is very hard to find as it is discontinued, and also the Ibanez RG CST which is both far to expensive and is discontinued. Having any of these three would please me beyond belief. So my question is, what other production 7 string guitars have piezo pickups?

The second thing which is less important is a kahler trem. I have found two guitars with this also, the BC Rich Kerry King Signature 7 Wartribe which I do not like (body shape, Sig model, active p.u., bit pricey), and the Emperion Nordax-7ST which I dislike to a lesser extent (don't like the v body). So, is there any other 7 strings with a kahler trem?

Thanks for the help.

-IamSatai
Dean Razorback
BC Rich Marc Rizzo Stealth
Dean Rusty Cooley RC7 (Super Strat Shape)
Schecter Jeff Loomis
But all have Emg's and Floyds
You know what...go on eBay and search. Very easy to do
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Quote by jeffmetalhead
Dean Razorback
BC Rich Marc Rizzo Stealth
Dean Rusty Cooley RC7 (Super Strat Shape)
Schecter Jeff Loomis
But all have Emg's and Floyds
You know what...go on eBay and search. Very easy to do

Thanks for the comment, but non of these have either a Kahler or piezo pickups. I have no problem finding plenty of 7 strings with Floyds and EMGs as most 7 strings have them as standard.
i think the best you can do is scope out the used market very extensively and maybe you'll get lucky and find one. it's very tough since not many 7's have piezo's or Kahler's.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Slightly offtopic but, how hard and expensive do you people think installing a piezo would be?
Any tutorials for it?
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by Lewadra
Slightly offtopic but, how hard and expensive do you people think installing a piezo would be?
Any tutorials for it?

It really depends what bridge you will be installing the piezo's to. Theres an easy enough piezo mod for edge pro, it does require a bit of drilling though as expected. Your talking around $350-$400, and im in europe so its quite a bit more expensive over here .
I've got an Edge Pro in the Rg1527....But daaaaaamn, 400?!
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by Lewadra
I've got an Edge Pro in the Rg1527....But daaaaaamn, 400?!

Yeh, its a lot. check it out: http://www.shotgunnmods.net/shotgunnmods.net/Edge_Pro_Piezo_Mod.html

I am considering getting a RG1527, swapping the pickups and installing piezo pickups. The problem is €1000 + €400 + €200 = €1600($2000) (going off prices in Ireland, it is expensive here), Thats quite a lot to spend on such a guitar.
Last edited by IamSatai at Sep 5, 2010,