I have a question regarding tuning in notes and on keyboards. I have Guitar Pro set up for Sonata Arctica's Paid in Full that I got off the website. The intro piano (played on a keyboard) is set to a tuning of guitar half step down D#A#F#C#G#D#. When I let the program do playback it says to play d-c-f, g-c-b(flat)-g-d#-d(natural). When I play it on my keyboard it sounds off.
So my question is this:
If the tuning is different, does that effect what notes I'm actually playing on the keyboard?
Gear
Yamaha PSR-E413 Keyboard
Roland AX-09 Lucina Shoulder Synth/Keytar
Roland KC-350 Keyboard Mixing Amp
Roland CM-30 Portable Keyboard Amp
No.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
GP shows the standard notation, right? What's up there should be what you play.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
on guitar pro, with keyboard and piano parts, it shows it notated for standard tuning, as if it would say something like "recording sounds half step lower than written" so you either need to transpose it on guitar pro back to standard tuning, or do it yourself between reading the music and playing it.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Quote by MrWeenie
on guitar pro, with keyboard and piano parts, it shows it notated for standard tuning, as if it would say something like "recording sounds half step lower than written" so you either need to transpose it on guitar pro back to standard tuning, or do it yourself between reading the music and playing it.

So instead of play d-c-f, I'd play c#-b-e? Sorry for my confusion, I'm used to sheet music with key signatures and what not. I think this is the only GP song I have with alt. tuning
Gear
Yamaha PSR-E413 Keyboard
Roland AX-09 Lucina Shoulder Synth/Keytar
Roland KC-350 Keyboard Mixing Amp
Roland CM-30 Portable Keyboard Amp
Last edited by phoenix237 at Sep 5, 2010,