First of all you need to get a proper microphone. Most people just use the voice mic that's provided where you're playing and that will work, but not give you the fidelity you need to really get all the sound your acoustic guitar has to offer. Condenser cardioid unidirectional mics with a small diaphragm & flat frequency response are best for close miking of your guitar because they have less bass boost than other directional types when placed close to the guitar. If you have the bucks, the AKG C480B, DPA 4011, and the Neumann KM184, are considered to be about the best. These will run you from maybe 800 - 2200 USD. The more reasonable for most budgets and stage use are the Shure SM81, AKG C1000S, and Audio-Technica AT3528. These will run from maybe 250 to 550 USD. The recording/sound engineer I work with advised me to get the AKG C1000S. I paid about 250 USD for it and I am very satisfied with it.
If you have the cash, check out innerTube Audio's MagMic. My local studio has one, and it might be the best mic I've ever heard. It's built in a MagLite flashlight, and it sounds incredible.
thnks.

a lot of guys use a soundhole pup, or use the mic that's provided.

also, this isnt a chat room, it's the electric guitar forum.

so guys mostly, post in here to ask electric guitar questions.
not talk about acoustic mics, and accessories.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I thought this was the electric guitar forum?

Anyway, I've been told that if you're recording acoustic guitars, you're not supposed to point the mic straight at the sound hole, as that'll give you too much low-end. Pointing it at the area where fretboard and sound hole meet gives you a more balanced tone. I've only tried it with my ukulele so far, but it sounded pretty good.
we have a recording forum, and an acoustic forum.

please read the forum descriptions and make an attempt to post things in the correct place. threads that encourage discussion are encouraged, instead of more blog-like posts.