Hey I am a 21 y.o. male and I'm a bit nervous. I have very long hair, but lately I have noticed that some of my hair is shorter. This may sound weird but in the top front of my head I have small patches where my hair is shorter than the rest. I haven't cut my hair in 2 years and it has always been the same length all over my head. I showed my hair to a friend a couple of days ago and he said that it starts by "breaking" and slowly continues into hairloss. Do any of you have any idea if this is actual hairloss or if I may have drunkenly burnt off some of my hair (because I don't remember doing that) ? Any advice welcome

Btw. It's not like I wake up in the morning with a pillow full of hair. Just the shorter parts I am wondering about.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')
This is bunny. copy/paste him into your signature
and help him on his quest to take over the world!
From what I understand if you don't get it trimmed every now and then it 'dies' and damages a hell of a lot easier. You have taken terrible care of your hair!
Quote by JackalUK
From what I understand if you don't get it trimmed every now and then it 'dies' and damages a hell of a lot easier. You have taken terrible care of your hair!

Don't say that!
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
You better be!

Quote by JackalUK

hmm.
how does not trimming hair lead it to die?
i'm curious, since hair grows out from the roots on the scalp.
It just happens to some people more than other. My aunt and her son both had white hair by the time they were 18. I have a full head of hair while my brother is balding and hes only a year older than me at 23. Luck of the draw really.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
The oldest bit gets cut off and newer hair stays? I dunno. It's probably just crap that I've been fed before. It will certainly help with split end though.
Oh yeah, when you get out of the shower or bath and you've washed your hair. Blow dry it, towels can damage hair quite a bit.

I heard that hair grows in cycles on different parts of the head. It doesn't all grow at once in a steady stream, but in patches.
I think you'd better cut your hair though, it will make your hair look fuller.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
When you don't cut your hair for a long time. the ends die because they've been there so long. Which is actually unhealthy for your hair. And might be the cause of your hair having short patches. If you get your hair trimmed regularly. It will be healthier and grow faster. So do that.
Hair doesn't die on your head, it's already dead. Only the root of hair is alive. Maybe you have thin hair and its breaking because its been there for over two years?
la de da.
It's natural that your hair breaks. I mean in the prehistoric they didn't have a barber right? And they didn't have hair that reached the ground.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
The hair doesn't die. But if you don't trim it to get rid of the split ends, the hair tends to break because it's damaged. (Or something to that effect).
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
It's natural that your hair breaks. I mean in the prehistoric they didn't have a barber right? And they didn't have hair that reached the ground.

..How do you know? >.>
la de da.
Quote by zgbgydug
..How do you know? >.>

Have you never watched a movie in history class?
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
Have you never watched a movie in history class?

When you find firsthand footage of a caveman, I'll change my post.
la de da.
Quote by almosthuman36
When you don't cut your hair for a long time. the ends die because they've been there so long. Which is actually unhealthy for your hair. And might be the cause of your hair having short patches. If you get your hair trimmed regularly. It will be healthier and grow faster. So do that.

Pretty much what this guy said. When you have long hair and don't trim it the ends split like crazy. This will eventually cause your hair to break off and begin to look really dry and terrible looking. Also, if you blow-dry your hair when you get out of the shower, that could be part of your problem as well. The excessive heat can severely damage your hair and cause things like you stated were happening. My advice is, if you blow-dry your hair, get a heat protectant spray to spray on your hair before you expose it to heat from a blow-dryer.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Why don't you trim your hair? Like take a few snippets off.
Also post pics on UG.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
The "not-trimming-my-hair-will-cause-it-to-break" theory sounds plausible. Think I may visit the salon soon :P Thanks for all the responses, you guys make UG the place it is. If my hair gets worse even after the haircut, I'll post some pics because by then I'll most likely be desperate.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')
This is bunny. copy/paste him into your signature
and help him on his quest to take over the world!
Quote by virtussilex
The "not-trimming-my-hair-will-cause-it-to-break" theory sounds plausible. Think I may visit the salon soon :P Thanks for all the responses, you guys make UG the place it is. If my hair gets worse even after the haircut, I'll post some pics because by then I'll most likely be desperate.

You bald bastard.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Hair loss sucks. my hair has been slowly receding since late teens. at 22 it's kinda heading towards the Heath Ledger joker look! Actually, my hair is like that but longer and less greasy. Hopefully it can hold out...I love having long hair
Quote by padgea7x
Oh yeah, when you get out of the shower or bath and you've washed your hair. Blow dry it, towels can damage hair quite a bit.

Blowdrying your hair is absolutely terrible, towel the hair lightly and let the job finish from air drying.