Alrighty-roo, I've been looking for what I want for Christmas (I realise it's 3 months away, but whatever) and I know I want a guitar. HOWEVER, I've drawn it down to a choice of three:

Fender Standard Stratocaster (The 400 dollar Mexican one)
Fender Standard Telecaster (The 400 dollar Mexican one)
Epiphone Sheraton II (IMO, the best looking one)

I've drawn it down to these three, but which one should I get? I've hear they're all great, but I think the Sheraton is the looker of the three, but yeah, I'm pretty stuck.

Any ideas/first hand experience? (I'm a lefty, so going down to a store (there's two where I live, and really small) isn't exactly an option)

Thanks =)
of those i can only say ive played the strat(im lefty too) and the few i playedwere actully good for the price most had a good setup and were built well and sturdy
You sir, have excellent taste.

I've owned a MIM Strat and it was a great guitar. I could get any sound out of it, and even with my bigger hands the neck was just awesome. I still regret getting rid of it, but c'est la vie.

Teles are also really nice, I haven't owned one but I'd love one. Guitar Center has an FSR Silverburst Standard that's downright sex.

The Sheraton II is an awesome semi-hollow, on my GAS list, has been there for a while. Feels great, sounds decent unplugged usually, and sounds great with fuzz.

Really, you'll be hard-pressed to go wrong with any of them. What will you be playing? That'll probably be the biggest factor.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
You sir, have excellent taste.

I've owned a MIM Strat and it was a great guitar. I could get any sound out of it, and even with my bigger hands the neck was just awesome. I still regret getting rid of it, but c'est la vie.

Teles are also really nice, I haven't owned one but I'd love one. Guitar Center has an FSR Silverburst Standard that's downright sex.

The Sheraton II is an awesome semi-hollow, on my GAS list, has been there for a while. Feels great, sounds decent unplugged usually, and sounds great with fuzz.

Really, you'll be hard-pressed to go wrong with any of them. What will you be playing? That'll probably be the biggest factor.

Blues, rock, clean stuff, electric blues, finger-picky stuff on occasion. I play quite a bit. Just not metal, or really heavy stuff.
I own a Standard MIM Tele and a Deluxe MIM Strat and they are both very good guitars. The strat has some better hardware on it and better pickups, but I prefer the Tele over it. The Tele is a little noisy, but it can be fixed.

But again, it all comes down to preference and playability, and what kind of music you play. But my Tele can handle just about anything I throw at it.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Tough choice...would be helpful to know what you already own. Musical style. All three are very good at what they do but I have to agree that the Sheridan II is a great looking guitar. They're usually a step above the Dots in fit and finish. IMO especially nice in black. That being said...99% of the time the Strat is the first guitar I reach for when it's time to get serious. But, I think you would be much better off waiting until you can afford at least a Classic Series Mexican. While I have seen some very nice MIM Standards, the Classic 50s or 60s Strats are great quality instruments and truly a level above the Standards in build quality and tone. Same goes for the Teles. You'll be glad you held out for a good one.
Quote by GLORIOUSCAKE
Blues, rock, clean stuff, electric blues, finger-picky stuff on occasion. I play quite a bit. Just not metal, or really heavy stuff.

I was going to guess blues just from the guitar selection.

I feel most comfortable recommending the Strat, as I have the most hands-on with it, and it's just a classic. It'll also be great if you start branching out into other genres.

I'd say Strat or Sheraton- the Sheraton will be best at blues and jazz, but the Strat will be great too. Not that a Telecaster would be bad for any of those, though. It comes down to feel, really.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
The Sheraton might have problems with feedback when playing rock, depending on how much gain is involved... but generally, all of these guitars will work for your styles, so it comes down to personal preference here. Dunno, listen to clips of people playing semi-hollows and strats/teles and see which you like better. The sounds are fairly different.
All three guitars would fit your style. It all just boils down to actually going to a store, putting the guitar in your hands, and seeing which one you like best.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
All three guitars would fit your style. It all just boils down to actually going to a store, putting the guitar in your hands, and seeing which one you like best.

This. Personally I'd probably go for the Tele but that's because I already have a Strat. Also, don't the MIM's go for $500 now?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Well, great, glad we could all come to a consensus XD

Thanks for all the help, though. Any other opinions are still welcome =P