Page 1 of 2
I have an absolutely horrible fear of birds (especially big birds, which I can't even think about).

It used to be bad, that if I saw a bird anywhere near me I ran/scared/sweating/heart beating/very scared etc. But now, even the thought of a bird scares me, and even if i'm inside I need to watch my back. I can't even keep a window open.

I can't sleep at night incase a bird breaks in, or I wake up and a heron is there. I think it's about time I get a solution for it. I'd really like some advice on how to get rid of this phobia that is wrecking my life.

EDIT: How much does a "therapist" cost. I'm hesitant because they count phobias as mental illness, which is just gay in my opinion.

EDIT2: Most people with phobias admit that it is irrational. I honestly believe that birds are very frightning and people are just lying if they say that their harmless.. So it's probably going to be hards to cure. I see my fear as rational.
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Last edited by extrememetal94 at Sep 5, 2010,
You need to watch Birdemic.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Close your windows?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by blue_strat

^^^ +1 this. blue_strat, you are my hero.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
Quote by blue_strat

Ornithophobia- The scientific name for the fear of birds.
Maybe you should go to a therapist.....I mean if you are that terrified.

Quote by kilobyte
You need to watch Birdemic.

He should watch "The Birds"
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Last edited by offthewall91 at Sep 5, 2010,
Lock yourself in a room with 37 canaries, 8 parrots, and 2 seagulls. Play "The Birds" on a TV. Tape your eyes open. Administer electric shock to testicles every time you start to feel hesitant.
Quote by blue_strat
(Invalid img)

Why do I imagine you searched in google "big bird' trying to find a picture of a huge bird to scare TS but then you saw a pic of Big Bird and say "Meh, that'll do "

BOOH!
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Last edited by Gammas1 at Sep 5, 2010,
Lol
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
confront your fear head on. Kill a chicken with your bare hands and cook and eat it. Even better use something big such as an ostrich or an emperor penguin
You have a phobia. Consult a therapist of some kind, they have treatment for these; and they're 100% effective. They WILL cure you of it, and it usually only takes about three to four sessions.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
there's nothing to worry about. birds are just reptiles which are closely related to crocodiles, with the added capability of flight.

so cute!
Quote by blue_strat

LOL
that's really quite funny after reading the first post : D

anyway, the only way i know of to fight fear is to confront it.
watch Animal Planet or something...
I appriciate the advice. But you have to remember that this is the equiv of any of you confronting a man with a gun..

I'm really THAT scared, it's not easy..
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
I know a girl who is also terribly afraid of birds. I don't want to sound like an ass, but I always chuckle when there's a bird around her.
A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
Quote by Ikey

TS, ever tried a psychologist? It may sound strange, but they might have better ideas than the pit.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by extrememetal94
I appriciate the advice. But you have to remember that this is the equiv of any of you confronting a man with a gun..

I'm really THAT scared, it's not easy..

I have entomophobia - the fear of insects. Believe me, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. You need help dude .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Time to start a new hobby, it's called hunting.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by extrememetal94
I can't sleep at night incase a bird breaks in, or I wake up and a heron is there.

Once I couldn't sleep and I started hallucinating and I saw a humming bird in my room. It wasn't scary I just tried to catch it, but alas I couldn't.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
How could someone NOT be scared of a rooster? .. it's silly..
Quote by vivalasteve
Watch the Hitchcock movie The Birds, might help.
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 5, 2010,
I have a friend who is terrified of birds. Needless to say I did this when I was with him and some other friends once:

I started walking towards him and he started running.
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
hey man I don't blame you. Birds are fucked up. They can be pretty animals, but also somewhat terrifying. I was very uncomfortable for the majority of the Birds (the hitchcock movie)
Quote by daytripper75
I have a friend who is terrified of birds. Needless to say I did this when I was with him and some other friends once:

*amazing*

I started walking towards him and he started running.

are you the bird whisperer!?
In case you couldn't figure it out ts, no one here is taking you seriously. I don't take any pity, since you seem to believe 'gay' is synonymous with 'stupid'.

What the hell is wrong with you?
DO YOU LIEK ME???

cause i dont like you

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
Quote by due 07
In case you couldn't figure it out ts, no one here is taking you seriously. I don't take any pity, since you seem to believe 'gay' is synonymous with 'stupid'.

what? where did he say that?
Quote by due 07
In the OP.

oh I see. I didn't see it cause I sort of skimmed over his post.

still, weird thing to get butthurt about... people do it all the time
Page 1 of 2