I'm looking for a guitar with 24 frets, 26.5" scale and with a fixed/TOM bridge.
The following guitars are in my price range -

Schecter Omen 7
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Omen7-7String-Electric-Guitar?sku=513036

Schecter Omen Extreme 7
www.zzounds.com/item--SCEOMENEX7
NOTE - This has a mahogany body ( ! ) with a quilted maple top, fancy inlays and coil-tapping. Surprising for a guitar marked at $419.

Schecter Demon 7
http://www.stringsite.com/guitar_bass/guitars/electric/schecter_demon_7_satin_black_1570_en.html

Schecter Damien 7
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Damien-7-Electric-Guitar?sku=513104&rec=product_A

The Omen Extreme 7 sounds great, but how does it compare to the others? The Damien 7 is great, but a little pricey.

What do you guys think?
Omen extreme 7. It wins hardware-wise, dunno about the feel of the guitar itself.
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
My vote is Damien 7 unless you want active pickups and then you should go for the Demon 7. Hard to decide between the two because Damien has better tuners but Demon has better pickups (unless you don't like actives).

I disagree with Aggro I think the Omen Extreme is 3rd place hardware-wise with the regular Omen being 4th.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
My vote is Damien 7 unless you want active pickups and then you should go for the Demon 7. Hard to decide between the two because Damien has better tuners but Demon has better pickups (unless you don't like actives).

I disagree with Aggro I think the Omen Extreme is 3rd place hardware-wise with the regular Omen being 4th.

I don't really have any pickup preferences per se. But I've heard actives like Blackouts are better for 7-strings. I do love the Seymour Duncan passives in my 6-string.

The Damien seems to cost only a little more than the Demon. I don't really know how to choose between them. So they're both better than the Omen Extreme?
Quote by exordium
I don't really have any pickup preferences per se. But I've heard actives like Blackouts are better for 7-strings. I do love the Seymour Duncan passives in my 6-string.

The Damien seems to cost only a little more than the Demon. I don't really know how to choose between them. So they're both better than the Omen Extreme?

Hardware-wise I would say so yes. To my knowledge the Omen is Schecter's lowest end model.

Choosing between the Damien and the Demon is a pretty tough one since they are VERY similar. Again the only big difference is pickups and tuners, both of which can be upgraded later down the road to something different. If I was in your position I wouldn't be able to choose between the two, lol. Although I am really into active pickups right now and because of that would take the Demon and then down the road would upgrade the tuners first and then maybe the pickups if I wasn't happy with the stock ones.

As you probably know you can add actives to guitars wired for passives but its more of a hassle.

If you can't decide between the two and you are not in a big rush perhaps save up a little more and get a Schecter C-7 standard or custom (more expensive)... OR if you can save up a lot more try going for a Hellraiser or Loomis Sig.
Save your money, dont get a 7-string yet, and buy yourself a Hellraiser C-7 or a Blackjack C-7.
Or do what other people may recommend and get yourself an Agile Interceptor 727.
i completely agree with arterial, when he says save for a hellraiser or blackjack. they are 1000 times better for a few hundred more. i recommend the black jack because the pick ups are more versatile.
but i applaud you for choosing schecter.
Quote by Arterial
Save your money, dont get a 7-string yet, and buy yourself a Hellraiser C-7 or a Blackjack C-7.
Or do what other people may recommend and get yourself an Agile Interceptor 727.

I would love to, but getting one of those would involve waiting close to a year.
However, I could buy the Damien in a few weeks.

Quote by ClassicalDoom
i completely agree with arterial, when he says save for a hellraiser or blackjack. they are 1000 times better for a few hundred more. i recommend the black jack because the pick ups are more versatile.
but i applaud you for choosing schecter.

Are they really that much better? Even if I swap the pickups according to my own taste?

Thanks a lot, guys!
The materials on the Hellraisers or Blackjack's are generally of higher quality. A big difference other than materials and overall quality (wood, hardware, etc.) is that these guitars are not bolt-on so it lends itself to a smaller neck-joint and often makes playing higher frets much much easier. Additionally the H and BJ have painted necks.

If you really want the 7 string right away then go for it but again if you wait longer you'll get yourself a better quality instrument.
Quote by Arterial
even if you have to, sell off one of your guitars =P

I only have one guitar!