So lately I've been somewhat finding myself out of songs to learn. I like to improvise for fun but the main point is to find a good song that challenges me so I get better at playing. Some example of some challenging songs (IN MY OPINION) that I've learned so far are
Eric Johnson - Cliffs Of Dover (Helped StringSkipping/HybridPicking)
Steve Vai - Building The Church (Helped Tapping)
Yngwie Malmsteen - Arpeggios From Hell (Helped Playing Speed)
JerryC - Canon Rock (Helped Sweeping)

My goal is to play songs that challenge me greatly that way I can develop my playing. I know that there's a thread on this for certain techniques and all but I'm not trying to develop any specific technique. Also I figured it would be better if I asked in particular which songs helped your technique the most after you learned them?
Quote by MusicsMyHero
So lately I've been somewhat finding myself out of songs to learn. I like to improvise for fun but the main point is to find a good song that challenges me so I get better at playing. Some example of some challenging songs (IN MY OPINION) that I've learned so far are
Eric Johnson - Cliffs Of Dover (Helped StringSkipping/HybridPicking)
Steve Vai - Building The Church (Helped Tapping)
Yngwie Malmsteen - Arpeggios From Hell (Helped Playing Speed)
JerryC - Canon Rock (Helped Sweeping)

My goal is to play songs that challenge me greatly that way I can develop my playing. I know that there's a thread on this for certain techniques and all but I'm not trying to develop any specific technique. Also I figured it would be better if I asked in particular which songs helped your technique the most after you learned them?

try joe satriani - the extremist
if you feel like going all out, try michael angelo batios no boundries
The second solo (and first if you like) in Crossroads live by Cream, the legendary Clapton playing it ofc :P

Its really fun to learn, and theres SO many licks you'll steal without realising which makes your improvising sound AWESSSOME.
Thanks for all your help guys! Ive listened to all the songs you've listed so far and I cant wait to pick up my guitar and get practicing! The one by Michael Angelo really gets me in the mood :P
Tapping/Sweeping/Complex time signatures and Tempo changes:
Protest the Hero - Sequoia Throne

Alternate Picking:
Warmen - Beyond Abilities

Legato/ Fast awkward movements:
Sonata Arctica - Revontulet

The Warmen and Sonata Arctica songs were wrote by a keyboardist so the fingering/positions are a bit unconventional on a guitar which will help you get used to awkward positions that you wouldn't come across normally.
Learn Steve Vai's "Eugene's Trick Bag". It's basically Paganini's 5th Caprice transcribed for guitar. It's not that hard to play, even for me (been playing for about a year now), but it's really hard and challanging to master it and play it cleanly and up to speed with Vai's version. Loads of sweeping and alternate picking, pretty much every technique is used.
Thanks you for your guys suggestion as well. Eugenes Trick Bag was also a great one I forgot to put it in the list D: If I hadnt known it already it would've been perfect. That one definitely took me awhile. I saved all your guys songs inside a document so I don't forget them
Anything Paul Gilbert.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."