Page 1 of 4
JekAn
WSSA guitars
517 IQ
Melodic metalcore band which combines extreme guitar riffs, ruthless breakdowns and unique melodies.

Download album Gulf Of Sharks: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOWUF26F

Download single Dead Waterfall: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG5OIBQQ

http://www.facebook.com/westillstandalive

http://www.myspace.com/westillstandalive

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/we_still_stand_alive/
Last edited by JekAn at Apr 5, 2011,
JekAn
WSSA guitars
517 IQ
Some news:
Some time ago Sergey Denisov, our guitar player, has left the band. After that we found a new musician - Mikhail Kozirev. Now Sergey came back to WSSA as third guitar player, which we've been searching for a long time. Now with 3 guitars our sound will be more melodic and breakdowns more powerfull.

And a few words about our second album:
A recording is planned to the end of Summer 2011.

Stay tuned! \m/

http://www.facebook.com/westillstandalive

http://www.myspace.com/westillstandalive
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
Why? This band is much better in terms of originality compared to a lot of metalcore bands we get around here. I actually liked a couple of their songs. It's not stuff I'd seek out, but it's much better than a lot of the stuff I've been hearing here. And much better than at least half the front page.

But yeah...sorry about your guitarist. Good luck with the next album. Not my cup of tea tbh, but still.

EDIT: Actually, I might just be tired. You might want to err on the safe side and just run if my judgment turns out to be impaired from being up for the last 41 hours. >_>
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Apr 5, 2011,
TheIrishPatriot
206 IQ
Oh, I didn't listen to it, as I don't enjoy the style, I just figured upon seeing 'melodic metalcore' that the fellow should get running.
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
JekAn
WSSA guitars
517 IQ
punkforlife93, thank you. Next album will differ from the first one, but will be constructed on the same base.

TheIrishPatriot, in addition to metalcore the we use elements of other styles.. such as deathcore and progressive metal. On the second album it will be more obvious.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
OHHHH GOOOOD THESE RIFFS ARE SOOOO EXTREME, THE BREAKDOWNS ARE RUTHLESS, MY BRAINSSSSSSS

melodic metalcore seems kind of redundant, especially when talking about nu-metalcore.
iPLAYSguitar
¯\(°_o)/¯
23 IQ
Quote by JekAn
punkforlife93, thank you. Next album will differ from the first one, but will be constructed on the same base.

TheIrishPatriot, in addition to metalcore the we use elements of other styles.. such as deathcore and progressive metal. On the second album it will be more obvious.

I wouldn't bother posting your band here, this forum defines the word asshole.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
it is really fast and tight (oh yaaa) and there's sweeps n' stuff, but I don't think that impresses anyone anymore..? I don't think you can do anything to this genre to revitalize it.
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by technicolour
it is really fast and tight (oh yaaa) and there's sweeps n' stuff, but I don't think that impresses anyone anymore..? I don't think you can do anything to this genre to revitalize it.

My name is Danny. Call me that.
TheIrishPatriot
206 IQ
Quote by technicolour

ie. This music is irrelevant.
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
Don't be dicks. At least this guy isn't overhyping his band and all, not to mention you look really immature...don't want to give that impression, do we?

But really, lay off a bit, the band's not THAT bad. At least they're trying to have differences in their songs and so-such.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
the band is THAT bad, sorry, but any band in this genre is THAT bad. If they wanted to try for something different they should get a sitar player, and just make acoustic ambient drone.
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
Come on, this band isn't nearly as bad as any of those.

This reads like a dig at Justin's band haha
My name is Danny. Call me that.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
Come on, this band isn't nearly as bad as any of those.

yeah for sure, I'm just saying, that doesn't make them good.

Quote by asator
This reads like a dig at Justin's band haha

lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by JekAn
lookpizza, wssa is abbreviated from We Still Stand Alive.

Oh... yea that's not metalcore. Sorry dude.
I'm an asshole.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
So, this guy seems nice enough, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

The music is really derivative and I'm not sure why I thought I'd enjoy a nu-metal band, but I hope all the best to this guy. He seems cool.

But for the love of god, change the band name.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Apr 8, 2011,
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by JekAn
Ahah)) And what is that you think?)

Nu-metalcore seems to be catching on as a good label for this type of music. Basically just watered down derivative of metalcore and other metal subgenres mixed with pop rock. You guys aren't bad for what you are (but I'm not into this type of music because I find all of it pretty bad in general, that's me though). Regardless you aren't metalcore, if you don't believe me watch this video and ask yourself if your band belongs in the same genre.
I'm an asshole.
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Don't take everything so seriously dude, why do people get defensive about their bands? If someone tells me my band sucks (when I'm in one) I don't care, I tell them "okay" and my life is not affected at all.

Also, you aren't Metalcore. Converge (Mike's video) and Botch are metalcore. Don't call youself metalcore.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Holy shit. You guys really don't want to accept that genres change over time.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Holy shit. You guys really don't want to accept that genres change over time.

It's not a genre change anymore when there are absolutely no genre specific similarities and no real influence from the original genre. At that point it becomes a new sub-genre.
I'm an asshole.
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,210 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
It's not a genre change anymore when there are absolutely no genre specific similarities and no real influence from the original genre. At that point it becomes a new sub-genre.

M + H = OMC
OMC + M = MMC
MMC = (M + M + M +...) + OMC
Where OMC = M + H
And where (H/MMC) < 1

The thing is the first wave of metalcore was hugely impacted by hardcore, where as the second wave wasn't. The second wave was hugely impacted by the first wave of metalcore (which was still seen as a hardcore kinda thing), as well as heavier metal bands. And that's how things change. The idea of metal meets hardcore is still there, I think. But they've substituted hardcore with metalcore, so hardcore keeps getting diluted.

It's like Black Metal. Hellhammer sounds nothing like Peste Noire, but they're both black metal. Same ideas, different execution. Or like how Born of Osiris sounds nothing like Despised Icon. Both deathcore, don't sound alike at all.
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
You know what, I don't even know what to call this kind of stuff though. I don't even like calling it Numetalcore, because that still hints that it has some connections to Metalcore.

It stops being part of an original genre when the bands who stray from the path inspire other bands. Like this 'nu-metalcore' wasn't so much inspired by say, Converge and Botch and Bad Brains, but by other nu-metalcore bands.

So I'm not saying genres don't change over time, I'm just saying that when a genre has little connection to the original, the tie should be severed and people should stop using the term. Plus there are still a few metalcore bands who stick to the truer metalcore sound.
millarso
Cube Phenomenoligist
2,871 IQ
Quote by BK202
You know what, I don't even know what to call this kind of stuff though. I don't even like calling it Numetalcore, because that still hints that it has some connections to Metalcore.

It stops being part of an original genre when the bands who stray from the path inspire other bands. Like this 'nu-metalcore' wasn't so much inspired by say, Converge and Botch and Bad Brains, but by other nu-metalcore bands.

So I'm not saying genres don't change over time, I'm just saying that when a genre has little connection to the original, the tie should be severed and people should stop using the term. Plus there are still a few metalcore bands who stick to the truer metalcore sound.

Bad Brains is metalcore?
TOP 500 Contributors
If you've got a real metalcore song that you want tabbed, let me know. I'll see what I can do.