Page 1 of 3
I played guitar for a class a couple days ago, and while overall everything went well, I noticed that my left leg twitched uncontrollably while I played (I was sitting down). This seems to happen nearly everytime I play in front of people, its a nervous twitch I guess.

So what are some weird, uncontrollable things that happen to you while you play guitar (or bass or drums or glockenspiel or whatever)?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Vomit and fap.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
i switch picking styles a lot when people are around. (how i hold the pick)
sometimes with thumb+1 finger, or thumb+2 fingers, but i never have that problem when playing alone.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
my right hand twitches alot and my left hand keeps pressing down the strings
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by The_Casinator
I pull weird faces when I play heavy bending solos.

Yep, that's the one.
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

(Discussion about the Orange Tiny Terror)
Do my English homework and post regular Twitter updates. Completely true.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
I store picks in my cheek like a squirrel, and I never mean to, I just find them when I'm done.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I stick my tongue out for concentration :P

But I do that while doing a lot of things. But still.
In concert sometimes my hands shake when i fuck up, but i usually can correct it once i get back into the groove.
Quote by afterthewar
I played guitar for a class a couple days ago, and while overall everything went well, I noticed that my left leg twitched uncontrollably while I played (I was sitting down). This seems to happen nearly everytime I play in front of people, its a nervous twitch I guess.

So what are some weird, uncontrollable things that happen to you while you play guitar (or bass or drums or glockenspiel or whatever)?

If you have your foot at the right angle while sitting down it will twitch. You gotta have your toes on the ground though.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Jon777
I have a certain facial expression whenever I play bass or guitar.

Same here. I'm told I put on a serious face.

SERIOUS.

Also, I've gotten into the habit of raking the strings quickly before I bend a note. It "adds weight" to the bent note.
Quote by afterthewar

When I play guitar, I eat lots of cookie, lots and lots of cookie.
Sing. One of my friends, who is way better than me and in a somewhat successful band, can't understand how I can do it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I used to make stupid faces but now i only twitch my lips
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
if theres one part of a song that i cant get down, ill wind up practicing just that part for so long, i will space out, and its like im stuck on repeat. i just wont even be thinking about what im playing, playing the same thing for 10 minutes straight.

really bad habit.
I change the way I hold the pick constantly depending on if I'm playing chords, single notes, fast songs, slow songs etc.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
If i hit a wrong note, i always go "urrgh" as if i have smelt a bad smell.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
My mouth and jaw do weird things... Like weird facial expressions and movements that I can't control, and it's increased when I'm using a wah pedal

I grind my teeth in a slightly worrying manner...
It makes my jaw hurt for a while afterwards.
Must be a concentration thing I think. Hah.
I bob my head a little while i play, kind of like tapping my foot, to keep time. Only when I'm playing rhythmic sections though (that require more timing).
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
My mouth and face move a lot when I'm playing almost anything... my mum tends to make me aware of this rather quickly if she is in the room.
Tap my foot way out of time.

Blank out and just rely on muscle memory to play songs.

Sing along to my singer.

Weirdest though would be turning my guitar down when I finishing playing, amp or no amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I quirk my jaw when playing solos
------------------------------------------------------------------------
your insane, but reasonable
My right leg jitters to the beat almost as if I where playing the bass drum.
I let my mouth make whatever movement it wants to.

It actually helps my playing. If I focus on nothing but my guitar playing, it obviously sounds better.
Head is usually always in movement while biting my bottom lip.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Page 1 of 3