Not sure if this is the right place, but it involves guitar and some kind of Technique so i took a wild guess.

i havnt played onstage in about 2 years and my band is pretty close to being ready to gig, and i just want some ideas of how to behave onstage.

im a guitarist (obv) and we play metal, along the lines of All That Remains, Devildriver, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium.

and i dont want the obvious Headbang and windmill, i kinda gathered that

and im not sacrificing anything onstage
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
enjoy yourself, be very nice to the sound engineer and the host, if you are enjoying yourself then the audience will enjoy themselves and stay relaxed, don`t drink any alcohol until after your set.....or you will fubar everything.
If you try to look good you will look shit, no1 performance rule IMO, let it flow, when you get more comfortable playing your guitar in general your physical style will improve. I also agree, who the hell does windmills and all that 80s bullshit anymore? ****ing statement makers...