Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I've read a few threads on this subject but I haven't found a satisfactory answer.

I bought a Yamaha Pacifica on ebay last week but the seller didn't specify the model. It is likely to be a 112j or a 012 but I'm not sure which. I've pretty much exhausted all potential avenues of research. I tried going by colour as apart from the wood, the two models seem to be identical but I cannot find either model in the colour I have (a light metallic blue). The closest I have found is a dark metallic blue 012 and the sonic blue 112j but neither look like mine.

Here is the gallery use on the auction (yes it does have that rather attractive red strap). Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance.
By the tuners I'd say it was a 112. I've had both (for projects lol) on those are the tuners on my 112. The tuners on the 012 have push in bushes.

The way you can check for certain is by taking the neck off, it'll be written on the neck inside where the pocket is.

Maybe it's been refinished?

The other question is, does it matter? The only important thing is if you like it.
Quote by lozlovesstrats
By the tuners I'd say it was a 112. I've had both (for projects lol) on those are the tuners on my 112. The tuners on the 012 have push in bushes.

The way you can check for certain is by taking the neck off, it'll be written on the neck inside where the pocket is.

Maybe it's been refinished?

The other question is, does it matter? The only important thing is if you like it.

Thanks for that.

It doesn't really matter, it was just annoying not knowing. It is my first guitar, I got it rather cheaply on ebay. I haven't had a chance to play it as my amp hasn't arrived.

The only real benefit of knowing is if I choose to upgrade it later on, I read that the 012 isn't worth upgrading due to the wood used for the body. Although, it would probably cost more than I paid for it to upgrade.
Apologies for the double post. I have pretty much confirmed that it is a 112j. I saw one of the same colour being sold on ebay, the seller says the colour is Lake Placid Blue. It must be a colour they do not manufacture any more.