So, after upgrading my home studio with new recording equipment and a new half stack, I want to get another tube head for recording purposes. I am looking at a B-52 ATX-100 and the Bugera 6262. First, I know that these companies have been known to have issues with their products, but I want to give it a try anyways and I do not want a bunch of people complaining about these companies. $600 is my max budget. I play a lot of different styles of music. From classical (I use my nylon string acoustic for that though), to blues and jazz, to classic rock, and all kinds of metal. I don't use drop tunings often, but will occasionally go down to D standard or dropped C. I am looking for a distortion that has a nice tight chunk and is also capable of a creamy lead tone. A nice and warm clean tone would be a huge plus as well. So I'd like to know if anybody has had any experience with either of these amps and how they like them. I'd also like to state once more that I do not want any comments about the reliability issues. Also, I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with DiMarzio D-Activator X pickups. Both the neck and the bridge models. These are very high output pickups. Okay, if you need any more info, let me know!
Go to the shop and try both with your own ears!
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
id get the 6262, dont worry about the reliability issues all of them have been taken care of and if i recall correctly they repair them for free if u have the problem everyone else was having.
Quote by rickyj
id get the 6262, dont worry about the reliability issues all of them have been taken care of and if i recall correctly they repair them for free if u have the problem everyone else was having.

No, I can't do that. I don't have any stores that carry that kind of stuff for a couple hundred miles all around.
Quote by Gurut
No, I can't do that. I don't have any stores that carry that kind of stuff for a couple hundred miles all around.

Sorry, I meant to quote the guy who told me to try them out. My bad. Thanks for your response rickyj. I was kind of leaning towards the 6262 anyways. Thanks again man.