Hi
Just bought a Marshall G50RCD amp second hand , however when I plug my guitar via my pod xt pro into the amp I get a buzzing noise , if I remove the pod xt pro and plug the guitar in then no buzzing at any gain level.

I have the pod connected via the left mono o/p to the amp input and am balancint the level of output volumne with input gain / volumne to get a minimal buz sound but the desired effect from the pod, I have read the pod manual but don't seem to be able to get rid of the buzzing.

I have tried using the various diffent pod outputs and the FX input on the amp to no effect anybody got any ideas how to resolve this problem

cheers
G
are you using battery in the pod?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Jenny: IIRC, the PODxt and up can only run off of an adapter.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
then, i guess, check a different outlet for it?

sometimes adapters can hum.

i have a $500 recorder will cause hum if i'm in the same loop as my drum machine.
that type of thing.

also, check the cable you're using with the pod.

and that the jack, you're plugging the pod into, isnt loose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Just been speaking to a tech at line 6 and he suggested earth loop feedback which I think is similar to what your talking about, I have found an earth loop filter for audio equipment on car audio, planning on putting the filter between pod and amp to se if that fix's the prodlem,

anybody tried this as an earth loop isolator before ???

I believe the dangerous way is to diconnect the eart on one of the apliances but like living too much lol

G
i get rid of the hum, when i use one outlet for the pa and a different outlet for the recorder.

guess it depends on which 2 outlets you choose, but it works for me. you might want to find
an extension cable and try that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62