hi, i have a esp ltd f-10 guitar and a marshall mg30fx amp and when i plug the jack cable to my guitar jack input it makes a lot of noise. is there a way to fix it ?
check all the wiring it sounds like a grounding issue, start with the output jack, then move to the pots then the switch you should find a loose wire, all you have to do is resolder the joint

if you know the cable is good, then open this and make sure that both wires are sonnected to the jack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
@jj1565 i just opened it and found that one of the black wire is not connected to the jack, any ideas how to reconnect it ?
thanks
buy a $15 soldering iron kit at radio shack, and follow the heating instructions on the package.

you heat the iron, touch the metal tab the wire fell off of, melt solder , touch wire to tab, remove iron and the wire should stay on .
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

the thin black wire is in the thick sleeve with the thin white wire.

you have to strip the sleeve a little to see it in there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thank you so much i just found it but unfortunately i cut the white wire too
now i have to solder both of them
that happens. sholdnt be any harder.

how'd it turn out?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

good luck! i'm sure it'll be fine when you solder it.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.