Page 1 of 13
Given that the majority of the Pit is male, this is a good a place to ask a female beauty question as anywhere else.

I was wondering Pit, do you find the sight of a supposed plus-size woman modelling clothes much more attractive than the usual stick-insect women you usually see?

For the sake of argument, a plus-size woman in the UK is any size over a British size 10 (a US size 6).

Do you find seeing a bigger woman in a photo more attractive than a stick insect in general?

I know I do...
Find the mid point between size 0 and fat.

Thats perfect.

Only virgins think otherwise.

/thread
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400

Thats perfect.

Only virgins think otherwise.

/thread

pretty true.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
OP is insulting to skinny people, just because they can control their eating habits it's fair to compare them to "stick-insects"?

Mature.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Last edited by TheLifeguard at Sep 5, 2010,

Thats perfect.

End of discussion.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
this bitch manager at my old work was HUGE and somebody found a pic of her doing plus-size modeling and put it up in the break room. she was flattered but most people laughed at it cause she has an ugly personality and is also an ugly person
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Your average "plus sized model" is skinnier than your average "woman."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by TheLifeguard
OP is insulting to skinny people, just because they can control their eating habits they're "insect thin"?

Mature.

I'm not being insulting at all. When I talk about a stick-insect figure, I'm talking about those women and young girls who starve themselves to get into the latest size 0 dress.
Quote by RU Experienced?
She's considered a plus-sized model?

She's a British size 12-14, meaning she is considered a plus-size model.
I prefer skinny. Not toothpick skinny, but skinny. I don't want abs or anything, just a stomach that's pretty flat. I prefer thighs with some curve and hips with some curves too. Arms are typically skinny in this scenario. Height should be 5'2 <= x < 5'6.

That's the kind of body I'm after. I'd find a picture of a girl I know with that body but that's incredibly creepy so I'm gonna leave it at this description unless someone posts a model that fits my terms.

EDIT:

Quote by breakstick
From that photo she looks as skinny as other models. It's hard to tell because the dress is so billowy.

Yeah I'm a little unsure about what a plus-size model is and that picture didn't help at all Fassa.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

From that photo she looks as skinny as other models. It's hard to tell because the dress is so billowy.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I don't mind, I'd probably tap anything up to a British size 12 or 14, nothing above though.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
how do I feel about regular sized people who are considered plus sized? I think they are REAL PEOPLE and are probably the best models.

how do I feel about big, fat models? I find them unappealing.

Quote by Eastwinn
I prefer skinny. Not toothpick skinny, but skinny. I don't want abs or anything, just a stomach that's pretty flat. I prefer thighs with some curve and hips with some curves too. Arms are typically skinny in this scenario. Height should be 5'2 <= x < 5'6.

That's the kind of body I'm after. I'd find a picture of a girl I know with that body but that's incredibly creepy so I'm gonna leave it at this description unless someone posts a model that fits my terms.

I don't think there are any models shorter than 5'9".

foodit: also, depends on the models. I think some skinny girls are cute, I think some average sized girls are cute, and I think some chubby girls are cute. It depends on the girl.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by Eastwinn

That's strangely specific

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Shut up Fassa, no she's not.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I was actually reading an article about this same thing recently, in case anyone wants to read it you can click here

personally I'd generally prefer a thicker chick over a really skinny one though. why do you ask Fassa, you feeling insecure about yourself? jk
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Well here's a whole bunch of pictures: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1308029/Crystal-Renn-works-magic-sexy-photoshoot.html

She's anything but thin....

Well she's certainly not a size big enough to call "plus" either.

Gotta love the fashion world, taking "normal-sized" and turning it into "plus-sized." How all you women don't kill yourself is beyond me.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Can anyone here even NAME a fashion model? Because I can't.

Then again, I guess there could be kids in here who fap to Victoria's Secret catalogs or something.
[quote="lordofthefood1I don't think there are any models shorter than 5'9".[/QUOTE"]

Kate Moss is roughly my height of 5'7''....and there are probably more shorter models, but I'm not too knowledgable on models...
Quote by lordofthefood1
I don't think there are any models shorter than 5'9".

Unfortunately :/

Quote by SteveHouse
That's strangely specific

Nah, just descriptive. Though I fudged on the height. I meant 5'2 <= x <= 5'7. I mean height is kind of case by case anyhow.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Well here's a whole bunch of pictures: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1308029/Crystal-Renn-works-magic-sexy-photoshoot.html

She's anything but thin....

If she's anything other than average weight then I have lost all hope in the world.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Kate Moss is roughly my height of 5'7''....and there are probably more shorter models, but I'm not too knowledgable on models...

exaggeration, FASSA. They average about that height though. less than 5'6" is almost always out of the question. Ugh, I know too much about this.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by SteveHouse

Gotta love the fashion world, taking "normal-sized" and turning it into "plus-sized." How all you women don't kill yourself is beyond me.

Thing that really winds me up is that the average British women is a size 16 (US size 12). So even a supposed plus-size model is two sizes BELOW the average.
Quote by SteveHouse

+1

She looks like she's at a very healthy weight.
Quote by lordofthefood1
If she's anything other than average weight then I have lost all hope in the world.

Slightly less if anything. I know girls who are heavier than that who are far more attractive than her.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I actually prefer women US size 8-14.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'd personally rather have a big huge woman with four stomachs than another frail looking skinny model type. The whole 12 year old chinese boy look is extremely unattractive.

I bet recovering child molesters probably like them...
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
a British size 10 (a US size 6).

I'm pretty sure a British 10 is an American 8.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you mean fat models? no. they're fat. Fat =/= pretty.

Related: Why do all fat girls have "that smell"?

Most of these models are below average in dress size (the average is a 16 in the UK).

So being a size 12 =/= fat.
i find that women i just see in town are more attractive than the disgustingly skinny models, normal is good
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."