Would it be alright it i put ernie ball strings on a floyd rose or will they snap once i use the tremolo?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
The string brand doesn't matter. It varies from person to person.
I had breakage problems with EB's when I used them ages ago, but Steve Vai uses them and he's a massive trem wanker and they work fine for him.
They'll be fine.
alright thanks i just didnt wanna waste a pack of strings
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
*reads thread title*
Looks interesting...
*reads post*
I am dissapoint
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
IMO Ernie Ball strings rust easily, so unless you have the patience and time to change strings, I wouldn't go with it. D'addarios, for me, last ages and they come in lots of varieties.
Quote by topchin
IMO Ernie Ball strings rust easily, so unless you have the patience and time to change strings, I wouldn't go with it. D'addarios, for me, last ages and they come in lots of varieties.

I second that. Ernie Ball strings are apparently just D'Addario seconds (according to the guy at my local guitar store after he found out I use D'Addario)
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
I second that. Ernie Ball strings are apparently just D'Addario seconds (according to the guy at my local guitar store after he found out I use D'Addario)

That guy has no idea what he's talking about then.
well i have the patience to change the strings on it otherwise i wouldnt have bought the guitar lol but im not in a band currently i would like to be soon but for now im just jamming in my room so im fine with ernie ball i may consider changing brands once im in a band or recording and things such as that but then again like the first guy said steve vai uses earnie ball so they cant be all bad
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
I used EB Power Slinkies on my Charvel. Works just fine.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Depends, if you have six guitars with float trems, it will take a while. Ernies and DDs are that best strings to use for FRs. Also, depends on what pickups you use, FRs make a bit of a rattle after you put it back to place after a dive or a pull. Ceramic or other high output pickups will latch onto that noise and amplify it.

Quote by guitarguyz61
well i have the patience to change the strings on it otherwise i wouldnt have bought the guitar lol but im not in a band currently i would like to be soon but for now im just jamming in my room so im fine with ernie ball i may consider changing brands once im in a band or recording and things such as that but then again like the first guy said steve vai uses earnie ball so they cant be all bad
I had no intention of stating that EBs are bad. EBs are great but they don't last all that long. EBs are definitely not DDs rejects. I don't like the new DDs because, "to save the environment", they package the strings together and use colour coding instead to differentiate the strings. This is bad because I happen to be colour-blind and it is very hard to feel the difference between some string widths.

Quote by guitarguyz61
i have rockfields in my mockingbird so no worries about the rattle also it is my OFR guitar i just havent added it to my sig yet and i just set it all up tonight and maybe hoping to get some pics up soon
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
I hate these threads. It doesn't matter.

Different strings work for different people because every persons genetic makeup is different. String corrosion is affected by the guitar they are on, how often the person plays, how hard/fast the person plays, the properties of the players sweat and how often/much they sweat, the enviromnment the player plays in, and more.

Brand has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Just try different brands until you find one that works for you. Most of the other posts in this thread are irrelevant.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X