hey ppl.
i am considering getting a valveking halfstack, but ive heard the speakers in the cabinet that comes with it arent the best. would i be better off getting just the head and buying a cab separately? the other cab would be either a raven or a marshall mg series cabinet. (yes an mg series. it got pretty good reviews surprisingly) or something else thats relatively cheap.

i play mostly alt rock and metal, but a bit of everything (link in sig has me playing thru a raven 2x12 for a reference point. im looking to get close to that sound, little heavier)
All of those cabs are awful. Look on www.guitarcenter.com 's used section, you can find a Mesa 4x12 or 212 for pretty cheap sometimes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by SGRocker400
which is best out of those though? im on a tight budget.. n those are the cheapest at my local gc

They are the same, except one has 2 more speakers than the other.
..I was watching my death.
Honestly, if you run a decent amp like the VK into a really bad cab, you'll only be holding your sound back...

Save up some more cash and it will make you sound so much better, believe me.

Besides that, if you ever want to get a new head after the VK you won't have to replace your cab as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Honestly, if you run a decent amp like the VK into a really bad cab, you'll only be holding your sound back...

Save up some more cash and it will make you sound so much better, believe me.

Besides that, if you ever want to get a new head after the VK you won't have to replace your cab as well.

This is true I played a stock VK through an Orange 4x12 and I was blown away at how much more organic and punchy the sound was.
I would try building one yourself, then buy the speakers from Warehouse guitar speakers. Thats what I did and my cab in total, cost about $150, with 2 Veteran 30 speakers that sound great.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)