Hey.

I'm starting an acoustic duo (guitar/bass) in my town looking to do pub shows. We have a set list but we want to cater to as many people as we can. So, if you were going to have a few brew, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR A BAND PLAY?

We have a list but we want opinions as well so we have an idea of what you people out there find interesting.

Travis
We're buying.
Ya I'd love to hear that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Personally I would love to hear "Please, please, please, let me get what I want" by The smiths.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

well if ur an acoustic duo, nutshell. alice in chains motha****a. good bass and guitar harmonies
Play orignal arrangements of traditional songs like I know you rider and cold rain and snow. Using of course the grateful dead as a jumping off point. And if you guys could play the music never stopped by the grateful dead that would be tight
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
play some train! old and/or new. probably by the way or under the bridge by rhcp.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Dirty Magic by the offspring
under the bridge by the red hot chili peppers
any accoustic Alice in chains and (if you dare) Nirvana songs
talk shows on mute by incubus
Incubus - "Southern Girl"
Rolling Stones - "Angie"
Blind Pilot - "3 Rounds and a Sound"
GG Allin and the Criminal Quartet - "Carmelita" (Warren Zevon Cover)
Jeff Buckley - "Lover, You Should Have Come Over"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Hey"
Elliot Smith - "Between the Bars"
Kraftwerk.

But srsly, some Velvet Underground stuff. "Heroin" or "I'm Waiting for the Man" or "Pale Blue Eyes" etc. etc.
Acoustic shoegaze.

Hey, it could be done if you had an electric-acoustic and a massive pedalboard, and I've noticed most people with acoustics do, although I don't.

EDIT: Have an electric-acoustic, that is, not a massive pedalboard.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 5, 2010,
Sink Florida Sink
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Sink Florida Sink

This, but tell the the audience that they have to woah along beforehand.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
People in pubs like classics. Typically bluesy/folky/country/roots rock kind of stuff goes great. If not than 80's pop songs and one-hit wonders.

The Band.
Tom Waits.
Willie Nelson.
Ryan Adams.
Rory Gallagher.
Hendrix.

Don't do "overly sad" songs. Sometimes it feels as though groups like Nirvana and Alice In Chians are trying to be sad. And personally, I hate it when im at a party or something and the band/singer/whatever is playing a bunch of slow sappy songs. Im trying to have a good time and so is everyone else there.

You can do "sad" and "slower" songs, just don't do "whiny" (for lack of better word) I guess.

For example:

Bob Dylan's "Tangled Up In Blue" = Awesome.
Oasis "Wonderwall" = Not awesome.
it really depends on the bar too. you should scope the place to come up with a set list. get the gist of the demographic you're dealing with if you want to maximize profit.
#DTWD