Pit, I've done something I truly feel awful about.

Last night me and a friend went to go see a movie. We went to a theatre I used to work at about 2 years ago, and I knew the guy who was working box office. I knew he wouldn't let us in for free or anything, but just for small stop n' chat humor, I asked if he was gonna give me a free ticket (I wasn't serious or expecting anything). Anyways, he just laughed, shrugged and was like "No! I'll give you a kids ticket, though." Obviously I accepted, since it's 3 dollars cheaper (In my defense, I never seriously pressured him or anything, I was surprised he offered a kids ticket). So I'm at concession and the manager comes up to me and is pissed and she's like "Don't do that again", yada yada and I just said ok. I think the ticket taker noticed and said something.

So I get a text from the guy at box office today and it said "Thanks for getting me fired."

I seriously don't know how to react to this. I feel awful, because it is my fault, but if it were you guys, what would you do? I don't know if I should try to talk to him asap, or wait a few days, or just ignore it. I mean, I'd obviously like to make it up to him some way, but I don't know if that's really possible. He's worked there for 3 years and liked it (which is odd because everyone hates that job after a week). I seriously think this is one of the worst things I've done.

If it were you, what would you do?
Tell him it wasn't you who got him fired. It was the dude that noticed him performing fire-able acts that got him fired.

That'll smooth everything over faster than a lavaflow.
You didn't make him do that, it's his fault he got fired.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Buy him flowers. There's no way he'd be mad at you if you did that, if anything, he'd just be confused.
Wow that sucks...the best I would do is apologize or something to make it up. Especially in this economy.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Damn, that's unfortunate. I think you should respond immediately and explain the situation. You should then offer to help him find a job.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
That's a pretty bitchy thing to say to you. He offered it and went through with it, it's his fault.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Tell him that you'll hire him as your personal assistant. Then embark upon some madcap misadventures, possible in a road trip. Start off with friction between the two of you, and let that escalate and upset everyone to the point where you're ready to throw in the towel - but then redeem it with a heartfelt moment where the two of you identify something you have in common. In the end you become not only dude and his assistant; but dude and his friend.

Then send the story to Hollywood, and give me co-writing credit. In fact just give me it all.

Srsly though to answer your question "what should I do". Shit all. What can you do? He decided to take the risk and offered, you accepted (who on earth wouldn't), the manager overreacted. It's some unfortunate happenings, but I mean it wasn't your fault. And it's done now. All you can do is talk to him and explain that fact to him in the least hostile way possible. Don't demean yourself for apologising for something you haven't even done.

He probably acted like a little bitch mainly because he'd just lost his job.
buy him a steak dinner and some beer?

idk, he didnt have to give you the ticket. if he's worked there for 3 years he should have realized the risk of what he did. it sucks that it was because of your ticket that he got fired but it was his fault, not yours.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
It's not your fault he got fired. I mean he's the one who offered you the ticket.

Just out of curiosity, what theater was this?
Dude, the manager sounds like a serious asshole.

Though I know the chick who usually sells tickets, so I'm used to getting the discount.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by greenelephants
Srsly though to answer your question "what should I do". Shit all. What can you do? He decided to take the risk and offered, you accepted (who on earth wouldn't), the manager overreacted. It's some unfortunate happenings, but I mean it wasn't your fault. And it's done now. All you can do is talk to him and explain that fact to him in the least hostile way possible. Don't demean yourself for apologising for something you haven't even done.

He probably acted like a little bitch mainly because he'd just lost his job.
Yeah, this is pretty much my thoughts. I dunno when exactly is the best time to talk to him, and that's where my thoughts are right now.
I used to get the kids price without even asking.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by catalan123
It's not your fault he got fired. I mean he's the one who offered you the ticket.

Just out of curiosity, what theater was this?
AMC.
Quote by The Madcap
Yeah, this is pretty much my thoughts. I dunno when exactly is the best time to talk to him, and that's where my thoughts are right now.

Give him a few days. He'll either cool down and be aware he created his problems and not you and all will be good. Or he'll spend 3 or 4 days festering and trying to figure out how to destroy your life. Either way you'll be able to move on with your life with a friend or move on without feeling guilty cause he's a psychotic asshole.
But ya give it a couple days.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by element4433
I used to get the kids price without even asking.

Well you do look 10.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by The Madcap

Personally I'd say let it simmer for a couple of days then give him a call. Any earlier, he might still be just upset about losing his job and looking for someone to blame it on, you being the easiest target.

If he's still going to bitch at you then, you know he's just unreasonable, and if that's the case then let him be, just end the conversation and hang up. You tried your best, but there's nothing more you can or really should have to do.

Also, I'm sure he's sneaked other people through on reduced prices before, if he's been there three years and was so quickly willing to do so for you. It just so happened he got caught this time. Maybe point that out to him too?
I guess I'll wait a couple of days and then reply to his text and say something like "I'm really sorry, and if there's any way I can make it up to you or help find a job, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help."

I think that's the best thing to do.....or at least right now I think that....

Man, I feel like I'm on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm or something.
Last edited by The Madcap at Sep 6, 2010,
bang his sister and then give him a hi-five with the hand u used to finger her
i play an instrument. nuff sed.
Quote by guylee
You did him a favor. Now he has a reason to go get a better job.

+1
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by damian_91
You didn't make him do that, it's his fault he got fired.
This. and then YOU need to man up a little and quit feeling so bad about it.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by The Madcap
Oh my god, this is EXACTLY what I'm going through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0e8gYdp3sE

For some reason I thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNSR52VG__4

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana