After getting my BC Rich today I was dropping my friend Paul off at his place, the guy across the street was putting this out in the trash! it's basically a POS MIK Ibanez RG120 but it was free!

It's a little banged up, it needed strings, it's missing on bushing for the low E tuner and the output jack needed to be re-soldered and the guitar needed a good set up but after that it seems to work fine but nothing to right home about. It's nothing to look at typical super strat shape that has been played out too many times (Boring), it plays just OK, the neck feels nice but I always like the feel of an Ibby neck. The pups, mediocre at best. I wouldn't recommend these to anyone but again it was free, really there are much, much better guitars out there. I'll probably give this away to my friend for his daughter she loves coming by here and trying all my guitars and I think she would like this.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Sep 6, 2010,
Seriously,you had so many NGD threads,that now I've actually lost interest..Like those 'line 6 spider' threads

HNGD !
How old is that thing? I wasn't aware that any RG120's without the AANJ existed - I thought they were made after the introduction of AANJ.

I used to have an RG120. It was bad. I payed $175 for mine though, so it was good for the price considering it was a real RG and not a Gio.

Anything is amazing for free though. I have no idea how people just throw away stuff like that, much less how people find thrown away stuff like that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by archenemyfan
Seriously,you had so many NGD threads,that now I've actually lost interest..Like those 'line 6 spider' threads

HNGD !

as such, quality > quantity

hang tight for my Ibanez RG770DX arch :P
Quote by Arterial
as such, quality > quantity

hang tight for my Ibanez RG770DX arch :P

haha yeah

You're selling it?
Quote by archenemyfan
haha yeah

You're selling it?

noo, im gonna be NGDing whenever it is that I get it.
Quote by Arterial
noo, im gonna be NGDing whenever it is that I get it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another one!!! what about the J.custom you posted on jemsite???

*erupting with jeolousy*

I thought you already have one,your sig is misleading
Quote by Offworld92
How old is that thing? I wasn't aware that any RG120's without the AANJ existed - I thought they were made after the introduction of AANJ.

I used to have an RG120. It was bad. I payed $175 for mine though, so it was good for the price considering it was a real RG and not a Gio.

Anything is amazing for free though. I have no idea how people just throw away stuff like that, much less how people find thrown away stuff like that.

A Google search tells me it was made in April 2001.
I am probably going to give it away unless my kid wants, it I gave him an Ibanez not long ago I got as payment on some work I did on another guitar for someone. I am not a huge Ibanez fan. I found out that the guy tossing it had a yard sale and no one wanted it I guess there was an AMP too but I missed that. I cleaned it up quite a bit and like I said had to do some soldering work etc. Still needs a little tlc. I rarely would pass up on a guitar in the trash even if it's banged up they can be used for parts. This Ibanez is no where near as good as the BC Rich V I found a few months ago.

Sooner or later people will learn just because a guitar doesn't have a big brand name on it or costs 1000s of dollars that it is not a quality guitar. I come across lots of expensive guitars I would buy if they were the only guitar made!!

John