Basically I'm having trouble deciding between these two amps. I've heard great things about both of them too. I've had the chance to play the vypyr (30 to be more specific), and I'm impressed with it's tone quality and versatility. However, I haven't had a chance to try out the flextone since they're discontinued, and I can't find them anywhere really. Price wise, the flextone is a bit more expensive but on ebay I've found some good cheap ones around $250 which is fine on my budget.

I play basically everything. The key things I want out of the amp are versatility, gigability (probably not a word), and a headphone jack since I need quiet practice in my dorm.

Oh and my guitar's a Schecter Temper Hellraiser. That's EMG 81/85. 85 on the neck I'm pretty sure.

And if there's any other amps I should try out, feel free to list any.

Thanks!
I wouldn't want to run your Hellraiser through either of them. *shiver*
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've played a lot of guitars through a lot of amps in various shops and at friends houses, and long story short, active pickups do not go well together with modeling amps, much less with low wattage modeling amps. It just sounds really, really awful compared to what actives can do through a tube amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well I played my hellraiser through a vox valvetronix and it actually sound pretty good