So I sing and play rhythm guitar in my pop punk band, through a Peavey Valveking Half stack. My lead guitarist doesn't have a lot of money, but he also wants to buy a valve king stack.

What if for now he just bought a head, and we both played our heads through my cabinet, would that be harmful in any way to the cabinet?

Thanks.
Gear:
*Mexican Strat with JB pickup
*Focus by Krame with Invader pickup
*Peavey ValveKing 100 half stack
[img]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9028/forumsigzz4.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Andyrew004 at Sep 6, 2010,
The Valveking cab can be run in stereo, right? It'll be fine, just set it to stereo and run each head into its own input.
It wont sound too good though, you'll be mixing 2 different amps in one cab and there wont be a whole lot of separation.
id imagine it would turn your beloved tone into one giant muddy mess.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^yeah, I agree.
Might not sound that great. Also, why buy the same amp? Do you really wanna sound identical?

it's more because of budget =\. I can't think of another way for him to get a better rig in short time
Gear:
*Mexican Strat with JB pickup
*Focus by Krame with Invader pickup
*Peavey ValveKing 100 half stack
[img]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9028/forumsigzz4.jpg[/img]
get a fender tube combo used...i am in a blink-182 band and thats what sounds best although i do love my valveking
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
The VK cab is awful. Nobody in the VK thread likes them, and for very good reason.

Get rid of yours, and look at used Avatar and Mesa cabs, you can find them for pretty cheap.

Anyway, no, you can't run two heads into the VK cab unless it's wired for stereo.

Also tell your friend he could get the Jet City Amps JCA50 or JCA100 for around the same price as the VK head, except the Jet City is the better amp from the get go.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Sep 6, 2010,
Sorry for the threadjack, but say you have a cab wired for a studio, and have two heads - would each head use all 4 speakers, or would they use 2 each?

Unlike TS, I want to do this eventually, but use an A/B pedal so they're only running one at a time. It'd be kind of a bummer if I can't have all 4 speakers for each amp, as that takes away the purpose of having a 4X12.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Sorry for the threadjack, but say you have a cab wired for a studio, and have two heads - would each head use all 4 speakers, or would they use 2 each?

Unlike TS, I want to do this eventually, but use an A/B pedal so they're only running one at a time. It'd be kind of a bummer if I can't have all 4 speakers for each amp, as that takes away the purpose of having a 4X12.

Only 2 speakers would run at once.
You can buy A/B pedals designed to run 2 heads into one cab, so you wont damage the output transformer of the amp thats not in use, if you run the cab in mono you can use all 4 speakers with each amp.
Quote by Raijouta
The VK cab is awful. Nobody in the VK thread likes them, and for very good reason.

Get rid of yours, and look at used Avatar and Mesa cabs, you can find them for pretty cheap.

Anyway, no, you can't run two heads into the VK cab unless it's wired for stereo.

Also tell your friend he could get the Jet City Amps JCA50 or JCA100 for around the same price as the VK head, except the Jet City is the better amp from the get go.

Pretty much this. All of it. In addition to what everyone else said. You would be smarter to sell your VK cab and buy two decent 1x12 cabinets.
I could see the VK being alright with some heavy modding, but yeah... You could just put the cash of tubes, OT, and the like towards a different amp if thats your thing

When I go tube it's going to be for modding. Mainly cause I'm too broke to afford a XXX, so I will just get a VJ and mess with it...

Different cabs for seperate amps or gtfo
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^2 each.

I hope you mean an A/B pedal switching the guitar from amp to amp....You can't just any A/B pedal for head switching...

http://www.tonebone.com/tb-headbone-vt.htm
You can use that to switch a head, and use all 4 speakers, though.

Now I'm confused. If I run the amps in stereo, how does the Headbone differ from this? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Nano-Switchblade-ABY-Channel-Switcher-150091-i1170901.gc

I see that the amps run back into the Headbone before going in to the cab, but what does that do exactly?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

No, you can very easily wire it so each amp gets half of the cab, literally it's as though two 2x12 cabs are nailed together. You can still mic up the amps prefectly because they're using independent speakers.
Quote by kyle62
No, you can very easily wire it so each amp gets half of the cab, literally it's as though two 2x12 cabs are nailed together. You can still mic up the amps prefectly because they're using independent speakers.

It wont sound too good though. The Radial Headbone is a better option really (more expensive though)
I see. Thank you a lot. For the price of a Headbone, I might as well just get a whole 'nother cab though, huh?

I guess I'd need it if transportation/space is really an issue. I don't what route I'm going to go next yet, another combo or a stack.

Sorry again about the threadjack, TS. Cheers!

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X