Ok, a mutual friend just attacked me for owning a Paul Stanley custom guitar that was signed by him (picture below) and not playing any KISS music with it. It is a Lyon by Washburn and believe it or not, I bought it from Target for $180. Sounds like a lame, shit guitar, but actually it is the best sounding guitar I own or have heard from fellow guitarists. My buddy I play with has an Ibanez RGX something or other and I get better tone than him with everything stock. I play through a Crate 125 watt. But I digress, I don't play KISS music but rather hard rock/metal/metalcore music with it. What is your opinion on this? Is that wrong? I mean I heard that Bieber's guitarist uses a Zakk Wylde custom Epiphone or Gibson (can't remember which...)

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-29094-LYON-WASHBURN-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-PAUL-STANLEY-KISS-DESIGN

Don't be too cruel, please

Thank you,
Weapon X
Why do you care? Maybe you need new friends.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yes, you should go to jail for not playing the music of the guitar's signature artist. its worse than rape.

seriously dude you did not just ask that question.
It doesn't matter what the guitar is,who plays it,or where it comes from.

As long as you as a player like the instrument then that's all that matters.Tell your friend to go blow a dog.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i have an ibanez JS-100 (joe satriani's guitar)
and i maybe know 1 satriani song.

It was a good sounding, versatile guitar, and was cheep on ebay so i got it.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Totally agree here, maybe you just like the design or specs doesn't mean you have to play or become fan of the artist.

And in your specific case was luck to find a decent artist-designed for a low price. So go and play it.
I played Edgar Winters and a Jazzy Final Fantasy tune (Slam Shuffle) on my Alexi Laiho sig.

Then I turned around and covered the Munsters theme and led straight into the Pink Panther.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Beiber is a band?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i saw a guitarist playing a zakk wyld signature in some female pop artist band on tv once. i cant remember who it was though, something like miley cyrus, i cant remember
I'm buying a PRS Mike Mushok baritone in a few days.

I had no idea who Mike Mushok was until I googled him. I have no intention of playing Staind songs on that guitar.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

90% of people who own Yngwie and Jeff Beck strats, as well as any Music Man signature ever say no.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Thanks for the opinions everyone. This person is not actually my friend. She is a friend of the guitarist I used to jam with who is a big KISS fan. No, Bieber is not a band BUT he does have a backing band for his music apparently. I read it on the Zakk Wylde interview on the homepage. I don't care what people think about what I play with it really, I was just seeing how you guys felt about signature guitars and stuff.
it would normally go hand in hand... i mean if you bought a paul stanley guitar, you'd probably be a fan and likely to play his music.. But its not a rule or anything.. lol... tell her to blow it out her ass... lol... j/k

and cmon guys.... you think just because that poor sucker is in Bieber's live band that he cant like real music... lol.... Hes probably a rocker that found a meal ticket, like most pop guitarists...

"OMG, i love backstreet boys and britney! im gonna learn to play guitar!!"
just seems so unlikely... lol... but you wanna throw a few hundred grand my way? i'll play whatever you want
Troll troll troll your boat......
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Nowadays, Pete Townsend generally plays a Clapton Strat.

Division by zero?

Really, man, it's just a guitar. Someone's name being on it doesn't mean you have to be a fan of that person. Notably, the Les Paul is a signature model for, you guessed it, Les Paul himself. What does that make Zakk Wylde, Jimmy Page, or Slash?
Quote by necrosis1193
90% of people who own Yngwie and Jeff Beck strats, as well as any Music Man signature ever say no.

Guilty!

TS, you will be thrown into prison, where you will rot for the rest of your miserable days!
No its wrong to buy a signature guitar juste because your a fanboy of the artist and didnt even bother to try it before buying it....and your friend is just jalous
john frushiante(i hope i spelled it right) uses a zakk wylde sig wah, yet his style is nothing like zakk's. go figure.
I've got a Joe Perry signature guitar, but I have only bothered to learn one Aerosmith song and I can't remember the last time I played it. I've got a Richie Sambora guitar too, which I mostly use for Nightwish covers - when I want to play Bon Jovi or anything similar I use my Joe Perry model or my LTD, I wouldn't bother with the Sambora for that.

So.. meh. Sod it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.