I'm not purchasing any Amps but I'm going to basically try some out and see what I like so when I do have a little cash. So maybe you guys can help me out and tell me the names of a few that might fit what I'm looking for? The only tone I'm really after is Red Hot Chili Pepper tone, or something similiar. And for it to be tube. Any suggestions?

When I do have money it probably won't be alot so nothing outrageous as its price (Maybe a little more than 300). Oh and wattage doesn't matter either because I'm not good enough to gig and I never play loud. So any suggestions? I was figuring something small like a little watt head like a AC4VT, Epi Valve JR, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H or something similar to those (I've only played the AC4tv the others are just examples.) and get a cab for it. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Oh, so I don't have to make another topic, what does a EQ pedal do?
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
You might enjoy a Fender SuperChamp XD. Not a true tube amp, but it does sound pretty good, imo.

EQ pedals allow you to customize the presence of different frequencies in your overall sound. Basically lets you alter your mids, highs and lows, but much morso than a normal 3 band EQ an amp would have, as most pedals have at least 7 bands.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For an RHCP tone, you should go tube. The AC4TV gets some nice tones, I would recommend that.

For Froosh's tone, I'd highly recommend a compressor, a distortion (a BOSS DS2, preferably an MIJ one, or a Big Muff) as he often stacks his distortion pedals with his amps gain, and a wah.
Quote by unicornfist

Oh, so I don't have to make another topic, what does a EQ pedal do?

exactly what it sounds like, it lets you alter frequencies to get a better sound.
I'd just check out general tube amps. For $300 or so, you won't get a great one. However, a tube is definitely better sounding, imho, than a solid state amp. More to the point, the more open and clean sound of a tube is better suited to the sound of RHCP, especially if we're looking at their latest album.
Also check out the Bugera V22 or V55 if they have them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Guitar Center = fail.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Quote by Chylyn
Guitar Center = fail.

True.

You wouldn't buy clothes and food at Walmart, why buy musical goods at GC?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
A well-articulated, concise and rational rebuttal from Avedas there.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
@offworld92
Alright, I try and find one and see if I like it.
And oh, kinda confusing but thanks.

@slickerthnsleek Yeah, I liked the tone when I played it. People here told me to get a cab for it, if I remember correctly.
I was actually looking into getting a Big Muff soon. Thanks.

@rickyj
To be honest, I didn't think it would do that. Thanks though.

@crazysam23_Atax I'm not expecting the best Amp just something to play on really. I litterally have no Amp right now. I'll be playing alot of there newer stuff and older stuff.

@Levi79 I've heard good things too.

@Raijouta I assume the Bugera V5 is a five watt version? Thanks for the recommendation.

@Chylyn Why? I've only been there 3 times and the sales people are annoying but why does it fail? I don't see any other reason other than the people who work there always coming up and asking if I need something..
Current Gear:
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
True.

You wouldn't buy clothes and food at Walmart, why buy musical goods at GC?

I usually go to the Music Go Round that's close, I much prefer it anyday over GC, but I don't see what's wrong with GC?

EDIT: I also have a question about these amps(All the 5 watt ones). I noticed none of them haves Mid, Treble, Bass, is that bad? I figure I wouldn't be able to change the tone a lot. Are there pedals that replace the facts that it doesn't have nobs for those?
Current Gear:
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Last edited by unicornfist at Sep 6, 2010,