Firstly, i know this in the wrong section, but i just looked and saw that there was 1 person viewing bands and artists..... so yeah

Basically, im getting bored of the music that i listening to at the moment.

When i listen to my music, i leave it on a playlist that has the following bands:
-Pink Floyd
-Led Zeppelin
-Eric Clapton
-Beatles
-Jimi Hendrix
-King Crimson
-Hawkwind

So pit, do any of you have suggestions of what music to listen to, any suggestions would be appreciated

Edit: Before making a post, tell me if your serious or not, cause im not gonna waste my time on bullshit

Manual
lol:
Quote by Metallizach
your not alone. I am a chronic procrasturbator (meaning I put off things I should be doing, and fill that time masturbating)

DAVID GILMOUR IS GOD
Last edited by Manualx at Sep 6, 2010,
Cannibal Corpse
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Dmitry Shostakovich

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sigur Rós.

everyone should listen to sigur rós.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
for something completely different from what you listen to blink 182, green day, "so wrong its right era" all time low
i play an instrument. nuff sed.
judas priest/iron maiden/sabbath? Your kinda into the classic rock so maybe try some classic metal? maybe some faster stuff like metallica and megadeth?
Try out some Prog Rock. Stuff like Rush, Queen, Coheed and Cambria (I especially recommend "No World for Tomorrow" and "Year of the Black Rainbow"), Dream Theater (definitely Prog Metal, but not like screaming or death metal growls), Karnivool, the Mars Volta, and early Muse (cuz the last two Muse albums sucked, way too commercialized). I could recommend more, but that's a good sampling of Prog Rock to start off with.

Edit: TS, ignore these people suggesting Porcupine Tree and Cannibal Corpse. Based on what you said in the OP, you wouldn't like either of those bands, and the people suggesting them weren't paying attention or are fucking with you.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Try out some Prog Rock. Stuff like Rush, Queen, Coheed and Cambria (I especially recommend "No World for Tomorrow" and "Year of the Black Rainbow"), Dream Theater (definitely Prog Metal, but not like screaming or death metal growls), Karnivool, the Mars Volta, and early Muse (cuz the last two Muse albums sucked, way too commercialized). I could recommend more, but that's a good sampling of Prog Rock to start off with.

Edit: TS, ignore these people suggesting Porcupine Tree and Cannibal Corpse. Based on what you said in the OP, you wouldn't like either of those bands, and the people suggesting them weren't paying attention or are fucking with you.

What the hell is wrong with you? You're telling him to try out prog rock, but but at the same time to ignore Porcupine Tree?
Quote by Jon777
What the hell is wrong with you? You're telling him to try out prog rock, but but at the same time to ignore Porcupine Tree?
Yes, Prog Rock isn't really the same as Indie. Sorry. No, I'm messing, man. Porcupine Tree is good.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Try out some Prog Rock.

Edit: TS, ignore these people suggesting Porcupine Tree

wut...
Sig.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

cheers dude
lol:
Quote by Metallizach
your not alone. I am a chronic procrasturbator (meaning I put off things I should be doing, and fill that time masturbating)

DAVID GILMOUR IS GOD
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yes, Prog Rock isn't really the same as Indie. Sorry. No, I'm messing, man. Porcupine Tree is good.

you best be trollin' son.
Sig.
Some more prog suggestions that haven't been mentioned:
Camel
Rush
Gordian Knot
Riverside
The Zombies - Odyssey and Oracle (Not really prog but a fantastic record)
Also Opeths damnation its the mellow record they did if you don't like death metal.
Last edited by josh999x at Sep 6, 2010,
gee im glad i did this, found some real awesome stuff

you accomplish so much more when your not at school
lol:
Quote by Metallizach

DAVID GILMOUR IS GOD
Quote by Deplorable
People who don't like this band have something very wrong with them.

Jus' sayin'

Jus' sayin'
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Rush, Porcupine Tree, Yes, U.K., Demon Fuzz (70s band, made one album and disappeared), Wolfmother, Little Feat, Deep Purple, Opeth's Damnation album, Dream Theater (I hate them, you might like them), Medeski Martin & Wood, Frank Zappa (vulgar but amazing), Poco (they're live stuff, kinda country, but great guitar playing), Tool (not very classic sounding, but proggy), Tea Party (first 3 albums)
Quote by rgrockr
I know someone who died doing this thing where he tied a belt around his neck really tight and masturbated while wearing a Batman costume, and it makes your orgasms super awesome.
Chickenfoot
Van Halen
The Aerovons, if you can get a hold of their stuff.

^Holy shit, I didn't know I got sigged for that! Though to be fair it was a joke from South Park
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Chickenfoot
Van Halen
The Aerovons, if you can get a hold of their stuff.

^Holy shit, I didn't know I got sigged for that! Though to be fair it was a joke from South Park

A day or so after I saw that post it just popped into my head, the time had come to pop my sig cherry with something random and ridiculous.
Quote by rgrockr
I know someone who died doing this thing where he tied a belt around his neck really tight and masturbated while wearing a Batman costume, and it makes your orgasms super awesome.
You seem to be into some prog bands, check Porcupine Tree. Two of Steven Wilson's biggest influences are Pink Floyd and King Crimson.

Edit: I was totally about to call crazysam out on trolling but then I just read the rest of the thread. It was chill.
Last edited by me_llamo_juan at Sep 6, 2010,
It seems to me that you are missing out on the wonderful world of contemporary music. Try listening to some bands that are still around.

A little birdie is telling me you would like Explosions in the Sky. I don't know if you should listen to him, though. He doesn't care where he takes a shit.
kill all humans
Yes, Old Genesis, Gentle Giant, J. Tull

Funny you know Hawkwind, they were great.
Check out the albums "Down the Upstair" by Porcupine Tree and "Amputechture" by The Mars Volta.

If you're looking for something different, try some Animal Collective (That "SPANISH BANDS USE ALL THE ECHO" link in my sig leads to one of their tracks) or some Can.

EDIT: And TS would probably really like Porcupine Tree, the **** are you guys talking about?
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 6, 2010,