Seeing as the most popular amps usually have many imitators, I'm surprised I haven't heard of more AC 30 clones. But I know they have to be out there. I am wondering about clones that you can get cheap used now, not amps such as the matchless which is even more expensive.
Laney LC-30 and the Peavey Classic 30 to some extent. Ceriatone also has some good ones but they're a bit pricey.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Bugera BC-30.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Quote by soul_power
Laney LC-30 and the Peavey Classic 30 to some extent. Ceriatone also has some good ones but they're a bit pricey.

i think you mean VC30 the LC30 is a more modern voiced amp iirc.

the VC30 is kind of AC30-ish but also not.. if that helps at all which it probably doesn't
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
i think you mean VC30 the LC30 is a more modern voiced amp iirc.

the VC30 is kind of AC30-ish but also not.. if that helps at all which it probably doesn't

You're absolutely right. VC30 is indeed what I meant.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Drew Dolezal
Bugera BC-30.

It's actually a clone of the Matchless DC-30, and not a very good one at that.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^ to be fair, I can't think of a better company than bugera to clone an amp which is renowned for overheating and going on fire (the ac30, i mean, not the dc30)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ to be fair, I can't think of a better company than bugera to clone an amp which is renowned for overheating and going on fire (the ac30, i mean, not the dc30)...

I'm sigging that. It's funny.

Anyway... I have no real idea as to what a good AC30 clone is. VC30 might be a good option.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 6, 2010,

i don't think the vc30 is a clone- it's in the ballpark, but not a clone. "Poor man's AC30" (in the UK, anyway), rather than a clone. I'm not really aware of any direct clones either, until you get into the boutique realm, anyway...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the bugera bc is a clone of a dc which was in someways a clone of an ac. so i guess that but honestly id save up for something better
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!