I haven't read any of those. I have read "1984", "Animal Farm" and "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" though.

>.>

<.<
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Eh, I haven't read any of those. However, I do read a lot. I have read the Illiad. I've also read Aristotle and Kirkegaard. So, society can take that and lump it!

Edit: Yes, I read 1984. Damn good book too!
i'm completely honest usually when it comes to this. i'm not afraid of appearing uncultured. in fact, sometimes i enjoy telling people about how I was reading As I Lay Dying and stopped halfway through to yell at myself for wasting my time reading half of As I Lay Dying.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Pfftt, I've never had to lie about reading books. I'm pretty blunt: I don't read books.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I haven't read any of those, but I'm currently reading Nineteen Eighty Four. I'm in two minds about it, really; I preferred Animal Farm.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I went through a "classics" phase in sixth grade. I don't know what posessed me.

I no longer feel any obligation to torture myself in an effort to appear intellectual.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 6, 2010,
Out of those, I've read A Christmas Carol and am in the process of reading A Brief History of Time.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
What's all this about 1984, that wasn't on the list.

I haven't read any of those books on the list, and I'm damn proud of it. We put a little too much emphasis on literature these days. Sure, they might be entertaining or insightful, but like anything else they can be flawed or wrong.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I lie for the sake of conversation. If someones like "oh my god have to seen so and so film, it's awesome" I'll say I have just coz they obviously wanna talk about it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I've read some of Moby Dick but didn't get far.
Also half of those I've never even heard of , this sucks
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
I haven't read or claimed to have read any of those books, i don't know why someone would lie about such a thing, to be honest if i read one of those and met someone who lied about reading it, i would think less of them than if they just said they hadn't read it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I've read 5 of those, well, 4 all the way through, I'm still working through War and Peace lol
Read? I've never even heard of some of those! Not read any of them, never claimed to have done.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
A Christmas Carol, Ulysses, The Satanic Verses, Moby Dick, As I Lay Dying.

Those ones. I've read a wussy version of Don Quixote.

Wait, was War and Peace in that too? I've read that as well.

I REALLY, REALLY want to read Infinite Jest. I can never find a copy. Can anyone tell me if it's worth reading?
I haven't read many of the sort of stereotypical "must reads" I've read A Christmas Carol and Moby dick is on my night stand, but after I got about a third in, I decided it wasn't for me. I have very specific needs when it comes to a writer's voice. I also find it difficult to read dramatic fiction again after going through the complete works of Douglas Adams, nothing fills my need for cleverness and absurdity anymore.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I own Moby Dick, never read it.
I own Don Quixote, and read it 3 times.
Really good books are hard to come by.
I also own the "Wishbone" Version of Don Quixote.

My fair Dulceana. I will slay these giants in your name.
Something like that. but the giants were really windmills.

The book was actually wrote in 2 parts. Miguel Cervantes the author wrote the first half as a joke, making fun of knights, and the heroic things they supposedly did. When a lot of people showed interest to his book, he wrote the second part.

A book they should have on that list:
The Odysey(Spelling is incorrect I think)
also Robinson Crusoe
..I was watching my death.
I want to read A Brief History of Time, but there are so many more cutting-edge physics books that I've never got around to it. I've had just about enough of fiction stories so I doubt I'll ever read the others. I don't really know what a lot of them are about, either.
I've read A Brief History of Time, Don Quixote, and War and Peace.

I actually really enjoy reading classics and I want to read the others on that list, but I don't have enough time. And I don't understand why someone would feel the need to lie about reading a book...at least they have a great social life then
cat
Out of those I've only read about 1/4 of Umberto Eco's "The Name of the Rose".
I only read books that interest and appeal to me.

During the last 2 or so months I've read "American Psycho"; "1984" (The ending really angered me) and "Old Goriot" and now I'm in the middle of August Gailit's "Flaming Heart".
Quote by Avedas
I want to read A Brief History of Time, but there are so many more cutting-edge physics books that I've never got around to it.

Agreed.
I've read 8 of them, including The Satanic Verses, A Brief History of Time and In Search Of Lost Time (in French!).
I don't read books at all. I don't have that kind of attention span. I think other people might think less of me because I don't like to read books, as my english teacher certainly did.
I've only read A Brief History of Time.

Such an epic book.
Ive never claimed to have read any of the others :P:
I know this is totally wrong and backwards, but for some reason I'm kind of proud that I haven't heard of over half of those, and haven't read the ones I have heard of.

The closest I could come to have "reading" one of those is reading the play version of "A Christmas Carol" in like the 8th grade...
I haven't read any of those, but I read about half of Animal Farm a while ago..
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.