Levi79
has one gear. Go.
3,287 IQ
Whats up guys?

I play metalcore/deathcore 90% of the time so I never really thought I'd be very interested in or need a wah but I recently tried out an original Crybaby and wow! I love it! I'm buying a wah ASAP! I'm planning on getting the Dimebag wah for 120 bucks off Kijiji.

But anyway. I've never noticed any wah in metalcore? I think it would be cool to do something with wah in a breakdown or something. Are there any metalcore songs/bands that use wah alot? If so reccomend me something to check out.

Also, what wah do you have? Do you reccomend the Dimebag wah?
GArrigan
UG Newbie
299 IQ
without actually listening to any bands, of the top of my head trivium and bfmv would use wah alot considering they were both inspired by metallica
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,405 IQ
Quote by Levi79
I think it would be cool to do something with wah in a breakdown or something.

I can't think of a single scenario in which that would sound remotely good.

There are plenty of metalcore bands that use wah, but it's pretty much always on a solo or a lead.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Levi79
has one gear. Go.
3,287 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I can't think of a single scenario in which that would sound remotely good.

There are plenty of metalcore bands that use wah, but it's pretty much always on a solo or a lead.

Well, I meant on like a breakdown with some lead in it. Like one guitar is doing the breakdown and one guitar is doing lead. I dunno. I'm gonna try it out when I get mine
filtersweep
221 IQ
Personally, I find that a wah sounds like crap with massive distortion. It just adds a filtered layer of fuzz and kills most of the tone. I find it most useful for a semi-cleanish crunch at most (to get you from funk to Hendrix) . Just saying...

If you have lived this long without one, I would stay away from it. Many people who have them tend to over-use them, and it is like adding ketchup to all your food.

I have a very old Morley that I used to get me through owning some bad amps. Now that I have decent gear, I never touch the thing.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,405 IQ
They're from NC and Dan Briggs played bass on their album, so that's not surprising. And it wasn't irrelevant, it had wah in it!
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Luke200420
Self Proclaimed Astronaut
341 IQ
Theirs wah used in at least Killswitch Engage solo (Breathe Life). In This Moment uses wah in afew of there solos.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
PhobiXa
ur moshing
216 IQ
The only good metalcore band to use wah is Coalesce.
alexgepgepgep
Sup, Wheatus?
1,079 IQ
If you think it sounds good, go for it. It doesn't matter if someone's done it before.
Nakedbythecomp
BTBAM/Wonder Years fanboy
33 IQ
The Acacia Strain- The Behemoth.

There's the wah-wah lead over the chugs.

Soooooo epic.