Hey guys. I'm looking to upgrade from a Epiphone SG-310, it's served me well but its time for change. I honestly have no idea on what I want to get but I play mostly alternative/rock/experimental music so I'm open to all suggestions. I've been thinking:
Fender Tele
Fender Jaguar
Those ESP/LTD Les Paul's, especially the one with the floyd rose but something less expensive.
A better SG?
Something with a floyd rose

Say anything guys
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Rubixcuba. I like that.

Quote by Fenderhippie69
Orange amps FTW!
With a Floyd be prepared to put in a lot of effort. They're great fun to mess around with but much more of a pain in the ass to change strings/tunings. If you like to switch from Standard to drop C a lot for example, a floyd is a bad idea. They are lots of fun though. Should you choose to get a guitar with a Floyd make sure to get the Floyd Rose Original, not a Floyd Rose Licensed. Those are poop.

I have the ESP 'les paul' you speak of, the Eclipse series. It's a pretty good feeling and versatile guitar.
Quote by Trailerboy531
With a Floyd be prepared to put in a lot of effort. They're great fun to mess around with but much more of a pain in the ass to change strings/tunings. If you like to switch from Standard to drop C a lot for example, a floyd is a bad idea. They are lots of fun though. Should you choose to get a guitar with a Floyd make sure to get the Floyd Rose Original, not a Floyd Rose Licensed. Those are poop.

I have the ESP 'les paul' you speak of, the Eclipse series. It's a pretty good feeling and versatile guitar.

If its a versatile guitar then I'll be going for that, they look like great guitars. I'm liking the EC-401
Keep the suggestions coming guys. My price range by the way is about $1000 AU and less, I can go 2nd hand for some stuff ...
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Rubixcuba. I like that.

Quote by Fenderhippie69
Orange amps FTW!
Last edited by Rubixcuba at Sep 6, 2010,