Hi
I'm having trouble with my right hand
I've been playing for while so my technique is pretty good and both hands are synced
But recently I found out that my right hand is getting tensed up very quickly when i start playing fast, especially when moving from a string to another
And this is causing me to get tried in a very short amount of time.
I realized that near the joint of my elbow is where most of the tension is.

Can anyone please help?
I have same prob, only when pushing the limits. Thing is, I now can play normally what I would flex up on a few years ago. I think alot of it goes away as you get more comfortable. Happens less to me after a 2 hour sesh.
less elbow more wrist??
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Make sure most of the movement when picking comes from your wrist not your elbow - thats the only advice i can think of at the moment but i had a similar problem and when started using my wrist more than my elbow it went away
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
Start slow, build strength, agility, dexterity, accuracy and an event better 2h sync, and build your speed SLOWLY. Use a metronome. Don't rush things, some people take more time than others to master the axe. Patience is a virtue, my friend.
thanks everyone

But the thing is that the muscles on my upper arm (biceps, triceps whatever)
are actually starting to hurt and that's im getting tired
And how DO you know when to increase the speed of something that you're playing?
Try adjusting the guitar strap a lil loose. Worked for me. Theres this one song from Metallica, Master of puppets, that gets my arm tired half-way through the song. Just Try loosening the guitar strap a lil bit.
I recently discovered that when i use the joint of my thumb to pick im using less tension.
But is it technically right to pick like that?
And if it is where should i use it and how to i divide the picking between my wrist and thumb

Thanks
I was about to say, I use my thumb to pick a lot.

I've seen all of my favorite guitarists do it. I'm not sure whether or not it is correct technique, but it works for them and it works for me.

Basically, what I normally do with it is I keep my wrist moving (when playing rhythm) to the beat and use my thumb joint to play out the subdivisions of the beat. It took me a while to get but my right hand feels much more versatile now that I can. Whenever I'm playing lead, 90% of the time, its all coming from the thumb joint.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
I was about to say, I use my thumb to pick a lot.

I've seen all of my favorite guitarists do it. I'm not sure whether or not it is correct technique, but it works for them and it works for me.

Basically, what I normally do with it is I keep my wrist moving (when playing rhythm) to the beat and use my thumb joint to play out the subdivisions of the beat. It took me a while to get but my right hand feels much more versatile now that I can. Whenever I'm playing lead, 90% of the time, its all coming from the thumb joint.

Who ARE your favorite guitarists?