By now this is probably a classic but I need some advice wether to get a Peavey Transtube Rage 258 25 Watt or a Marshall MG15FX Combo NEW 15 Watt. The Marshall is more expensive than the Peavey but Ive heard alot that Peaveys are better than Marshalls. (At least the MGs) So Id love to save some money if they are about the same or if the Peaveys better or if it would be wiser to just go for the cheaper one. (If there is barely a difference or something)
Thanks!
Peavey Rage > Marshall MG, but not by much

Saving up and buying a good amp > spending what money you have now on a subpar amp

What's your budget, what music do you play, will you be gigging, and can you go used?
Engl.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
The douchebaggery in this thread aside, if you're getting a practice amp, you might as well get a Vypyr. The Rage is better than the MG, but unless you're planning on gigging with this amp, there's not much point getting a two channel amp so small and subpar sounding.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by AxSilentxLine
way to go sportsfan you're a smart fella.

Engl.

But... I don't understand why I'm a sportsfan.

No MG. Peavey is better.
..I was watching my death.
I don't believe people who recommend amps so strongly yet don't own or intend on owning them themselves. If Engl is so great why have you saved up $0 (great job by the way) towards a ValveKing?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I don't believe people who recommend amps so strongly yet don't own or intend on owning them themselves. If Engl is so great why have you saved up $0 (great job by the way) towards a ValveKing?

Because I have not updated it in a long time. I have about 300 now.
And, after I buy my VK, the ENGL SE is next. That's about 2 years down the road from now.
I've tried the ENGL SE by the way. It's awesome.
So TS, are you gonna get the ****ing Engl?
Quote by silent caution
Quote by Chylyn
So TS, are you gonna get the ****ing Engl?

Yeah, buy the Engl.
They are awesome.

I also like to shove my..
Patch cord in them.
Didn't see that comeing did you?
Quote by timbit2006
comeing

Quote by silent caution
Quote by Chylyn

Haha. I did say comeing!

Engl is a valid suggestion. You can get used Engl amps for cheap. If the TS would save his moneys and then get ams Engls amps.
He can Get the Gig Master.

I did contribute!
I said the Peavey ams betters.

Engl.

EDIT:
"Vs." threads:
Pitting gear against other gear is not allowed. That's not to say you can't ask, "which of these two wah pedals will work best for my styles?" Rather, do not post a thread asking "which of these two wah pedals is better," since that doesn't help anyone and only leads to arguments.
-GG&A Rules

I do belive the title is "Marshall vs Peavey"
Last edited by timbit2006 at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by timbit2006
Haha. I did say comeing!

Engl is a valid suggestion. You can get used Engl amps for cheap. If the TS would save his moneys and then get ams Engls amps.
He can Get the Gig Master.

I did contribute!
I said the Peavey ams betters.

Engl.

EDIT:
"Vs." threads:
Pitting gear against other gear is not allowed. That's not to say you can't ask, "which of these two wah pedals will work best for my styles?" Rather, do not post a thread asking "which of these two wah pedals is better," since that doesn't help anyone and only leads to arguments.
-GG&A Rules

I do belive the title is "Marshall vs Peavey"

The title is fine. It's the content of the OP that decides whether it's a banned thread. He gives sufficient information and is clearly asking why they are better and wants genuine advice. If he went "Marshall vs Peavey? k go" that would be a banned thread. Maybe you should spend more time contributing and learning proper interpretaton of the rules rather than spamming.

It took 3 spam posts of nothing but shite before you actually stated why Engl, and even bothered to give a model. You ignored the TS completely, and you were acting like a twat. Why couldn't you just be helpful from the start and drop the comedy act?
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
You guys are really annoying and also terrible trolls. I can't wait til Kyle mosies on over. Either contribute or leave. This isn't EG or The Pit

Quote by silent caution
I'm sorry that the 2 stooges decided to hijack your thread TS, they'll be dining on sweet Ban Hammer soon enough, I just hope the mods keep this open so we can assist you in finding a good amp for your needs
Thanks to those who actually gave some advice.
Its just for practice amp and I play metal. Im also buying a BC Rich metal master V and probably a BOSS MD2 pedal and the amp I have right now is pretty much nothing. Which brand is the Vyper? (Probably a dumb question but I dont know that much about amps)
Go Peavey. I concur with the others on the Vyper, it's a great little amp.

EDIT: Vypyr. Stupid cool spellings...
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
I'm sorry that I was forced to close your thread, TS, but I think you got the help you need.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...