i have my gear listed in my sig. my problem is, that when i play, and quickly mute strings, the sound echoes. this is without amp, with amp it is even more loud. i play a chord, mute, and echoes. what is wrong with it?! please help...
ESP/LTD MH-100QM See-Thru Blue
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Last edited by daverockz at Sep 7, 2010,
The springs on the back of the Floyd Rose ringing out?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by daverockz
i have my gear listed in my sig. my problem is, that when i play, and quickly mute strings, the sound echoes. this is without amp, with amp it is even more loud. i play a chord, mute, and echoes. what is wrong with it?! please help...

No way, really?

Sorry, I just found that funny. I really have no idea what the problem might be.
Quote by loonyguitarist
The springs on the back of the Floyd Rose ringing out?

This. I had exactly the same problem with my LTD M-200, If you get a thin piece of foam or even some tissue paper folded up you can put it on top of the springs so it's being pressed down by the plastic cover and that should sort it out.
Hope that helps
Could be the sound echoing in the cavity because of the springs, like said above...

So it's not a good echo, like a "I don't need to invest in a reverb unit as my guitar does it for me!" type echo?
loonyguitarist: yes it was, ty.

Waylanderau: i folded some tissue paper around the springs, and the echo is gone.

Rokeman: no, it was not a "I don't need to invest in a reverb unit as my guitar does it for me!". real reverb has a good attribute: it can be turned off.

thank you guys helped me out.

SOLVED
ESP/LTD MH-100QM See-Thru Blue
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal