I had my first jam session yesterday, and it was really fun. However, I felt pretty stupid when they started playing songs I didn't know how to play. So, I ask of you, what songs do you think are pretty much essential for a jam session?

We're into pretty much all forms of metal besides black metal. Metallica, Iron Maiden are gods.

Melting,
Snowman
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Well even though you're into Metal, i'd suggest jamming to anything by ZZtop very accesible.

Um good songs to jam metal wise i'd suggest, stripping out any Megadeth riff. Repeat it, mix it up,improvise to it, change keys and so on. I find it a lot more fun than jamming to Metallica because tbh their work is very simplistic repetitive palm muted e-string triplets with powerchords, but those are my 2 cents..
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Last edited by adj209 at Sep 6, 2010,
**** I LOVE THAT SONG!!! We played Eternal Rest as well.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by adj209
Well even though you're into Metal, i'd suggest jamming to anything by ZZtop very accesible.

Um good songs to jam metal wise i'd suggest, stripping out any Megadeth riff. Repeat it, mix it up,improvise to it, change keys and so on. I find it a lot more fun than jamming to Metallica because tbh their work is very simplistic repetitive palm muted e-string triplets with powerchords, but those are my 2 cents..

Yes YES YES! Sharp Dressed Man, Tush, all fun, catchy, easy songs easily playable, and moving them up into the metal territory isn't impossible, just throw more gain into the mix and you got it.
Quote by Snowman388
**** I LOVE THAT SONG!!! We played Eternal Rest as well.

enter sandman as well obviously ha
Paranoid, you can pretty much play that song forever.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
This all good stuff! Keep it coming! How about some Megadeth/Slayer songs? What would you recommend?
Quote by Athabasca
You can't really jam to Slayer. Unless you just endlessly loop a solo section. Megadeth's version of 'These Boots' and the solo section of 'Hangar 18' would be pretty good for jamming.
I just started to jam with my friends aswell. We arent the best at it but it is a lot of fun.
We just play the easy stuff, Iron Man, For Whom The Bell Tolls etc.
I hate them big sig's.
Quote by Ali-b912
the solo section of 'Hangar 18' would be pretty good for jamming.

Fantastic choice.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Well, when I was in a band, we used to play Diamond Head's Am I Evil, good times with that. We did Black Sabbath's Iron Man and War Pigs too, spice that up with some crunchy disto and it sounds WAY better. Early Metallica's fun too, 'specially Kill 'Em All's stuff IMO. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Ali-b912
The solo section of 'Hangar 18' would be pretty good for jamming.

If only I was that good
Quote by Athabasca
Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Paranoid, you can pretty much play that song forever.

the man is right, you could play it forever.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Anything by John Petrucci. You're gonna need to grow some extra fingers though.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by Enix165
Well, when I was in a band, we used to play Diamond Head's Am I Evil, good times with that. We did Black Sabbath's Iron Man and War Pigs too, spice that up with some crunchy disto and it sounds WAY better. Early Metallica's fun too, 'specially Kill 'Em All's stuff IMO. =P

all of this sounds poifect to me. i also second sharp dressed man. you may also want to try some tunes with a stripped down groove, ie riders on the storm, wipeout (by sufaris) or, better for you, walk by pantera
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Last edited by distortion896 at Sep 8, 2010,
Anything by Kyuss, or any stoner metal.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame