Hope someone can help.

I'd been playing a guitar with a 2 humbuckers through a Roland VGA3 amp.

I mostly play on bridge position and on a high gain setting but was playing something clean and realised that I was still getting a bit of a kind of slight crackling/gain through the speaker, no matter which PU position I was on.

So I tried switching guitars and it was fine, switch back again and the problem comes back, so I know it's not the amp.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers!
They are Wilkinson MWVCs. They are in a Vintage V100 Les Paul copy. Pretty decent hardware really.

They had been fine on clean before but not now. And they aren't really superhigh output or anything.
Last edited by slicerlml at Sep 6, 2010,
Could be a few things:

Input jack loose (simply tighten the nut)
The contact on the inside of the input jack is bending back (take it out and push it in, you'll know what i mean when you see it)
Dodgy solder/loose-ish wire in the electronics (again, take it apart, see if there are any obvious cold connections, resolder)

That's all i can think of for now
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
maybe its your cable? Is your input on a different angle for the cable in your other guitar? just a thought that maybe the cable is breaking up and that is causing the crackle?
Ratfish: I'll have a butchers at it tonight and see if any of these things are needing sorted.

Jonny: It's a side-mounted jack on the V100 and a Schecter C1 Plus with the same. So who knows lol.

I've actually got a warranty on this so I think I'll take a wee nick by the shop next week and get them to fix it I only just realised this.

I do like to sometimes take a look at things and learn what I can from the guitar and from others, so thanks a lot for your suggestions, appreciated
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
hope you get it sorted

Cheers man.

I'll post back when I've been to get it looked at and let you's know what was ACTUALLY up.