I always play without play the electric guitar -cause Im lazy-.
Its bad?
I mean, I sound clean; is there any problem in play unplugged? lol.
The strings don't ring and it doesn't help you learn to make your guitar playing clean plugged in.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
i think it depends on how much gain you use when plugged in.
If you sound clean when not plugged in and dont use any gain when you are plugged in, then i think your ok, but when using a lot of gain the slightest touch on the wrong string can make a lot of unwanted noise, which you wouldnt hear if you were not plugged in and therefore keep doing it.
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
You will sound like shit once you plug in the amp. Besides, how do you ehar the low strings? I can feel the vibration but I cant hear anything.

I guess I play to loud.
I can make the electric guitar sound really loud unplugged.
I can make sweep picking and that stuff, the only things I cannot hear well is legato and pull-off to and open string.

(Like Back in Black, when you do
e---3p0----------------------
B------------3p0-------------
G----------------------2bp0-
Last edited by randycrusy at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
You will sound like shit once you plug in the amp. Besides, how do you ehar the low strings? I can feel the vibration but I cant hear anything.

Really?
I usually practise with an amp, but if i play without, i can hear all the strings quite clearly.
^ Yes well playing the other way round won't be a problem.

But you play unplugged all the time and then plug in. There are harmonics and stuff that you won't hear unplugged that you've probably missed, and your technique will be set in and you'll have to start doing things differently to eradicate problems.
it`s fine to play unplugged, at least your practicing but you won`t be developing your tone or articulation of the notes you play, invest in a headphone amp, like the vox amplug (very cheap)......i normally do my warm ups unplugged....no-one really wants to hear anyone warming up
^I play unplugged a lot because its simple and quite. But you are right, you won't be developing your own sound. If that isn't important to you, than don't worry about it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
You will progress faster plugged in, but you should be fine unplugged. I played unplugged for close to a year, because I couldn't afford a new amp, and my playing is clean enough.
I usually always play unplugged. I can hear it perfectly well and it's good practice to make sure you're playing well. Maybe some of the people here have just deafened themselves with their amps.
Quote by i am iron man
Really?
I usually practise with an amp, but if i play without, i can hear all the strings quite clearly.

Me to even on my 7 string lol
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.