hey, i was looking for a metal amp when the 6505 really caught my eye, i havent had the chance to try it though. since im going to have to be at lower volumes for half the time and at high volumes the other half, does this amp stay brootalz at low volumes ?
is it worth investing in a booster pedal and a attenuator. thanks.
It's a metal amp. It's designed to be played at any volume because the gain comes from the preamp not a boosted power section. It sounds fine at low volume. A good OD is a good idea for any amp but it doesn't need one.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
It's a metal amp. It's designed to be played at any volume because the gain comes from the preamp not a boosted power section. It sounds fine at low volume. A good OD is a good idea for any amp but it doesn't need one.

+1
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
thanks for the replys, they have one at stock at my local guitar store but the guys a twat there and wont let you noodle with the amp for a long time, does any one have any settings that i can try, just so i can go straight in with some killer settings instead of figuring some out and running out of time. thanks
My 6505+ 112 is set at 5 bass, 4 mid, 6 treble with pre gain set at 5.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's not like it sounds shit until you hit a specific setting, there's no secret code every amp is slightly different and guitar you use changes sound also. Just plug in and play. Use your ears, it's a very basic amp and easy to dial in.
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
It's not like it sounds shit until you hit a specific setting, there's no secret code every amp is slightly different and guitar you use changes sound also. Just plug in and play. Use your ears, it's a very basic amp and easy to dial in.

This is true. Keep in mind 6505's have tons of mids so scooping them a little doesn't hurt.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
so its definately usable for lower level volumes, i just dont want to keep using my line 6 flextone lol. My flextone gets to about 7 or 8 on volumes till my neighbours can kinda hear it, what would that be on a 6505, my neighbours are only there on saturday and sunday, otherwise there at work all day
if you're looking at the head I guarantee you will never have the volume over about 3.5. I went that loud once and it was scary I was afraid windows were going to break in my house
its good, whenever i play loud i generally hide behind this big screened door lol
we have double glazing so at least if one window breaks i still have another
It's all the wattage and the impedance. You could use a 212 with it, you could use a 412. If this is the head we're talking about, you're gonna want most likely a 120w+, 16 ohm cabinet.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
sorry im an ohms noob lol, ive looked at some rectifier cabs since ive heard good things about them but the 412s only have 8 ohms, are there any cabs that you could recommend to me. thanks.
so is a maxon 0d808 recommendable if i want to get a really ballsy sound at lower volumes and are attenuators worth it?
You should get an Emperor 6x12 cabinet. haha I would.

But no.

Attenuators are not needed. They have separate pre and post gains. So it really would have no use. As said before the gain comes from the pre amp.
A Maxon OD would be a good boost for this amp.
You don't really need a 412. A 212 Avatar or Orange cab works nicely with these heads. A mesa isn't a bad call either.
But yeah. It's up to preference when you're looking at a cab. Just don't buy too cheaply.
hmm can you buy avatar cabs from shops, or do you have to get them imported or something